Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Panzer Grenadier Inclement Weather Inversion
01-29-2014, 01:51 AM,
The Panzer Grenadier Inclement Weather Inversion
We've all encountered "snow and ice" movement restrictions in PG, whether in the Ardennes, the Russian steppes, or in Finland. It is thus amusing that when "snow and ice" hit certain regions in the southeast USA, and everything else comes to a stop, Panzer Grenadier gets moving: in our house, we call it "PANZERCON!"
01-29-2014, 06:11 AM,
RE: The Panzer Grenadier Inclement Weather Inversion
Henrico County (Virginia) just canceled the high school midterm exams. I believe schools were closed 4 days as we got one inch of snow.
01-29-2014, 06:14 AM,
I wish my Germans could cancel the Soviet attack of Wayne's in our snow-bound Op Mars scenario from tank battles
01-29-2014, 08:06 AM,
I can send you the telephone number of the county school supervisor if that will help.
01-29-2014, 11:06 AM,
Vince here is your note to excuse the Germans.

Dear Comrade Stalin,

Please excuse the invading German army from 11-1-1941 to 4-1-1942 from fighting the Soviet Red army. It is too cold and snowy outside and all the equipment is frozen. We will be back out to fight once the weather is better.

signed,

Der Furher
01-29-2014, 11:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2014, 11:47 AM by Poor Yorek.)
(01-29-2014, 11:06 AM)campsawyer Wrote: Dear Comrade Stalin,
Please excuse the invading German army from 11-1-1941 to 4-1-1942 from fighting the Soviet Red army. It is too cold and snowy outside and all the equipment is frozen. We will be back out to fight once the weather is better.
signed,
Der Furher

^ You forgot the accompanying letter from the Counseling Center verifying that Herr Hitler and the Heer qualify for double time and a distraction free environment during battles.
01-29-2014, 12:00 PM,
(01-29-2014, 11:47 AM)Poor Yorek Wrote:
(01-29-2014, 11:06 AM)campsawyer Wrote: Dear Comrade Stalin,
signed,
Der Furher

^ You forgot the accompanying letter from the Counseling Center verifying that Herr Hitler and the Heer qualify for double time and a distraction free environment during battles.

We'll deal with that in a separate note.
01-30-2014, 11:09 AM,
As a special addition, Richmond, including Henrico County where Hugmenot hides out and Chesterfield where I make my abode just got another 3-4" of snow leading to another couple (at least) days off. While the kids might enjoy this, my wife, who works as an hourly ireading tutor s taking the loss of income poorly (as is our bank account!)
No "minor" country left behind...
01-31-2014, 11:02 AM,
(01-30-2014, 11:09 AM)Matt W Wrote: As a special addition, Richmond, including Henrico County where Hugmenot hides out and Chesterfield where I make my abode just got another 3-4" of snow leading to another couple (at least) days off. While the kids might enjoy this, my wife, who works as an hourly ireading tutor s taking the loss of income poorly (as is our bank account!)

I guess teaching her PG is out of the question, huh?

The cold here in Ohio gave me the excuse to break out several games that hadn't seen the table in a while - including PG:ER#9
01-31-2014, 01:44 PM,
My hobby is certainly tolerated but never really understood by my better half.
No "minor" country left behind...