Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheating on Panzer Grenadier
09-04-2012, 02:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-26-2012, 01:16 AM by J6A.)
RE: Cheating on Panzer Grenadier
At Strategicon this weekend I played a fun Ancient Battles Deluxe (VPG) scenario, a Combat Commander: Europe scenario entitled Go For Broke (guess what unit was involved) that was very interesting, and protested a new WW1 strategic block game. This week I'm starting up GMT's Reds! on the dining room table while KSF retains the game room table.
09-04-2012, 02:33 PM,
Ended up getting a gaming weekend in over the holiday and ended up playing Stronghold four or five times as well as two games of Mage Knight.
09-06-2012, 05:41 AM,
Last month I did a lot of WH40K. Myself and two other guys from my ASL group spent a Sunday afternoon playing to learn the new 6th Edition rules to prep for a tournament at my local Comics and games store only to find out it was a "last hurrah for the 5th Edition" tournament. But we played in the tourney and I won it.

I also set up GMT's Lonato but only got a turn off when the WH40K stuff took over. This past Sunday I set up "Kiev" from the old Army Group South Quad. But I am already itching to get PG back on my solitaire table so I better get that Kiev game done.
09-06-2012, 05:53 AM,
Blackcloud6,

Good to see you here (dlazov from GS/CSW)...
11-26-2012, 01:15 AM,
Currently cheating with Great Battles of History from GMT. Well, specifically SPQR Deluxe, where a friend of mine and I are attempting to get comfortable enough with the system that it doesn't take 2 hours/turn. We're getting there slowly. Also, a ton of travel has made it tough to leave scenarios set up. Hopefully back to PG soon.
11-26-2012, 08:16 AM,
I just finished playing first scenarion from "The Mouse That Roared". It turned out to be a bloody affair. I ended with just enough good order Germans to herd the the only remaining good order Reds off the map. Ironically, the remaining Germans and Estonians were all DIS or DEM! It made for a good afternoon's play so I give it a 5.
2,500 years ago people worshiped cats. The cats have never forgotten this!
11-27-2012, 01:52 AM,
Been punching Streets of Stalingrad 3rd Edition hoping to get through the rules and try it out. Also have the intro scenario for Barbarossa: Kiev to Rostov set up on the table... played that one already but that was a while ago and I don't remember much. Tried the Basic Rules for the new Panzer, didn't love it but I expect the Advanced Rules will show the game's potential. Also got in some Combat Commander: Europe. Interesting progression, I hated it the first time I played it and now I can see it as a fun-enough light distraction when I don't want to use my brain too much.
11-27-2012, 09:22 AM,
(11-27-2012, 01:52 AM)awdougherty Wrote: Also got in some Combat Commander: Europe. Interesting progression, I hated it the first time I played it and now I can see it as a fun-enough light distraction when I don't want to use my brain too much.

The one other guy in my town here in China who likes wargames is gonzo for all things CC and I've played a dozen or so games with him, disliking every single one.

My distaste for that game is so strong, and the general appreciation so widespread, that I became convinced we were somehow playing it wrong.

How could I be this disparate in my revulsion?

But alas, after careful review of tutorials and such, we were playing it correctly.

Sign me: the lone CC non-fan!
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
11-27-2012, 10:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-27-2012, 10:57 AM by joe_oppenheimer.)
You are hardly the only one.
11-27-2012, 10:21 AM,
(11-27-2012, 09:22 AM)Shad Wrote:
(11-27-2012, 01:52 AM)awdougherty Wrote: Also got in some Combat Commander: Europe. Interesting progression, I hated it the first time I played it and now I can see it as a fun-enough light distraction when I don't want to use my brain too much.

The one other guy in my town here in China who likes wargames is gonzo for all things CC and I've played a dozen or so games with him, disliking every single one.

My distaste for that game is so strong, and the general appreciation so widespread, that I became convinced we were somehow playing it wrong.

How could I be this disparate in my revulsion?

But alas, after careful review of tutorials and such, we were playing it correctly.

Sign me: the lone CC non-fan!

What don't you like about it?