Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Invasion of Germany" query
01-19-2014, 02:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2014, 03:02 AM by Poor Yorek.)
"Invasion of Germany" query
APL currently has Invasion of Germany available and on sale. This is a collection of: Aachen 1944, Roer River, West Wall, Siegfried Line, and North of Elsenborn (the latter of which I own).

My question is whether those who own or have played scenarios in the non North of Elsenborn supplements have found them distinctive relative to each other? That is, would you recommend the IoG collection even with the duplication of NoEl?

Thank you,

PY First Sergeant (Select)
01-19-2014, 07:07 AM,
RE: "Invasion of Germany" query
PY,

If you only have NoE I would definitely recommend the book. I have been playing through the series (I had the 5 downloads) with Wayne and others intermittently through the years. I'm a lover of that campaign and period before BoB as it seemed the Germans were beaten and yet they drew a line and bloody fought back again. Great battles and i would say probably the most testing time for the US Army in the War. Yes, get it.
01-19-2014, 07:39 AM,
Vince,

Thanks: sort of had you in mind when I wrote this inquiry. Idea

The play/AAR activity for each of the individual supplements seems to indicate that the scenarios are enjoyed.

Oddly, IoG lists 48 scenarios whereas each of the five individual supplements has ten: wonder if there was duplication somewhere?

In any case, looks like a pretty good deal.

Regards,

Bromley.

(01-19-2014, 07:07 AM)vince hughes Wrote: PY,

If you only have NoE I would definitely recommend the book. I have been playing through the series (I had the 5 downloads) with Wayne and others intermittently through the years. I'm a lover of that campaign and period before BoB as it seemed the Germans were beaten and yet they drew a line and bloody fought back again. Great battles and i would say probably the most testing time for the US Army in the War. Yes, get it.
01-19-2014, 08:19 AM,
Quote:Oddly, IoG lists 48 scenarios whereas each of the five individual supplements has ten: wonder if there was duplication somewhere?

PY,

Yes, they did drop two scenarios one from Aachen and Siegfried Line, why is an unknown.
01-19-2014, 08:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2014, 01:32 PM by Poor Yorek.)
Quote:PY,

Yes, they did drop two scenarios one from Aachen and Siegfried Line, why is an unknown.

Alan,

Thanks for the clarification.

PY
01-19-2014, 08:14 PM,
PY,

Have you ordered it yet ?

I didn't know 2 scenarios were missing, there are no duplicates in the 5 downloads. More than likely a production oversight or maybe the 50 just wouldn't fit in format that is used for their books.

Unless I am being 'blind', I can't see the IoG in the library (despite 3 x Airbones being included) so I am unable to see what is missing. Once you have the book, maybe we can work out the two that are missing and we can sort out a way to get them to you.
01-20-2014, 02:07 AM,
IoG is not in the Library. IIRC, the decision at the time was that it wasn't necessary since it included only scenarios that were already published.

Now that IoG is in print and all of the individual games are out of print, it may be time to revisit that decision. If we add IoG to the library, Shad should be able to just copy over the scenarios to the new page. We can keep the old games in the Library, adding a note to each that the game has been incorporated into IoG.

Has anyone heard from Shad lately? I've not heard from him since early December.
01-20-2014, 02:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-20-2014, 02:33 AM by rerathbun.)
Just looked through my copy of IoG. It has 50 scenarios, not 48, and includes all of the scenarios from Aachen 1944, North of Elsenborn, Roer River Battles, Siegfried Line and West Wall.

The cover of my IoG is the same as the one shown on Avalanche Press's website. Either the 48 is a typo or it's a second edition (perhaps produced after the death of the printernator?).

PY, if you do order it, can you let us know so we can compare copies? Mine has 50 scenarios in 66 pages.
01-20-2014, 02:24 AM,
I believe Shad is in conference with the North Korean leader Re: SE Asian World dominance ?
01-20-2014, 02:34 AM,
(01-20-2014, 02:24 AM)vince hughes Wrote: I believe Shad is in conference with the North Korean leader Re: SE Asian World dominance ?

Better in conference than in the family photo!