Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Invasion of Germany – Player aids and historical background
06-25-2012, 09:06 AM,
RE: Invasion of Germany – Player aids and historical background
Vince,
"Hurtgen-Hells Forest" from the Wacht Am Rhein Series might be more manageable for a slow coach like me (see my Avatar Undecided) using the Quick Play rules (outlined on CSW but not published yet), or even bodge a DIY set together to speed things up. The maps look superb, and include a huge area to the west, north and east of the forest. Only 6 counter errata have been identified so far.

I seem to recall reading some of the Leo Kessler books in the 70s. One that stood out was "Hammer of the Gods" with a certain Colonel von Dodenburg running out of fuel in the Ardennes. Now who could that character have been based on?

I've not heard of "When trumpets fade" - one more thing to look up along with "Bloody Aachen". I do get drawn into the history side of the PG games, it really brings the scenarios to life.

I'll hold off any more clues about my tag for now in case anybody else wants to have a stab at it.

Tim

Messages In This Thread
RE: Invasion of Germany – Player aids and historical background - by Bluebell88A - 06-25-2012, 09:06 AM