Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Designers Wanted
01-05-2014, 08:34 AM,
RE: Designers Wanted
(12-11-2013, 03:16 PM)JayTownsend Wrote: >Kohima and Imphal were the other Battle of the Bulge.

Sounds like a good boxed game.

I'd buy it. Burma has great potential!
01-05-2014, 04:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-06-2014, 02:10 PM by armyduck95.)
Burma for PG is fascinating.
I would love to design a game for PG Modern, time allowing.
- As much study as I've done on Yom Kippur/ October War '73 and the number of scenarios/ other games out there that one should not be too bad, and the easiest to expand and modify off of SoI.
- Iran/Iraq would be thrilling, plus the chance to use chemical weapons... detailed tactical source material is a bit difficult to find.
- My two cents, I am being drawn into envisioning a later era Vietnam (1970 -1975) Modern PG as it possesses many fierce, combined arms, conventional battles of maneuver during this period. I am starting to pick through a number of great sources begging to be scenarios, and a few what ifs:...
- About 5-7 scenarios on the Cambodian Incursion
- About 5-7 scenarios on Lam Son 719 (including ARVN/PAVN armor battle)
- About 15-20 Easter Offensive scenarios (the amazing bridge demolition at QL-1, the seige and relief of AN LOC with heroic city fighting against PAVN armor; Epic Battle at Kon Tum where Cobra gunships and TOW missiles vs. PAVN armor columns, ARVN counter offensives, etc.)
- About 5-10 Scenarios around surrounding Campaign 275, the phenomenal last stand at Xuan Loc and the fall of Saigon
- Oh, and the Son Tay Raid would make for one helluva intense and short SOF/air assault scenario

There are, of course, multiple games within each of these groups depnding on level of detailed scnearios, but none that might sell on their own (except east Offensive), you'd have sufficient force mix to cover the whole time frame, so might as well use it, and you'd have enough variable types of operations from hidden jungle search and destroy, meeting engagements, to all out close assault, urban fighting against Armor. Special rules of weather, US Advisors, and probably B-52 Arc lights would be needed.

Some initial day dreaming...
-
-
01-06-2014, 04:44 AM,
Having been one of the few to brave the use of Razakars in Indian Unity, I have to admit being drawn to the Indo-Pakistani conflicts for Modern Grenadier.
No "minor" country left behind...
01-06-2014, 07:05 AM,
Bravery is leading the Ecuadorian troops in all War on the Equator scenarios!

Razakars were very cool though, especially when their high morale was a nice balance to their pitiful direct fire values.
01-06-2014, 02:10 PM,
Hard to equate bravery with a 6/5 morale, but I have to agree.
No "minor" country left behind...