Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brett & Vince's C&C Kings Officers 1940-41 Campaign Diary
03-19-2014, 09:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-19-2014, 09:31 PM by Brett Nicholson.)
RE: Brett & Vince's C&C Kings Officers 1940-41 Campaign Diary
Honestly though, there is still a lot of time left to go with this one and there are only a few turns of full visibilty left. Once visibilty drops the British lose their air-support. I am very satisfied with the Commonwealth's advance after 7 turns but it will be very tough to reach the obectives of clearing both roads and tracks of Italian units and minefields. If Vince holds on to both objectives then I will have to win by step losses which would make it so that I would have to lead by at least 15 enemy steps eliminated to get a borderline win. That along with being 13 CPs down in the overall campaign will require a lot just to break even. Luck has played a big role in this one so far; mine very good and Vince's not so much but it's too early in the battle to predict the final outcome.

I did win this one with the Commonwealth when I played it solo before with leader characters but it was very close. Of course I am doing much better this time around. In my first play the Aussie/British force took a lot of casualties before sundown whereas this time none so far. But there are still a good deal of day turns left to Vince's advantage and sooner or later his luck will change with his artillery. I wasn't trying to gloat but it does feel good to have an attack going as well as this one has so far. 'Operation Compass' wasn't the "Shock and Awe" victory I needed and 'Bardia' was a failure as far as the attacking side was concerned. I do need a major victory to get back into a good postion for the campaign. Vince said that this was like "The Somme" all over again but without the casualties; perhaps with my linear and antiquated methods of mounting an attack. This time around I got lucky with the Aussie leaders; at least two have morale modifiers of 2 whereas with the 'Bardia' attempt I seemed to have had some of the worse leaders available.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brett & Vince's C&C Kings Officers 1940-41 Campaign Diary - by nebelwurfer9 - 03-19-2014, 09:30 PM