Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brett & Vince's C&C Kings Officers 1940-41 Campaign Diary
02-26-2014, 11:16 PM,
RE: Brett & Vince's C&C Kings Officers 1940-41 Campaign Diary
Scenario 3 "BARDIA" - Session 2 and Result

We completed this scenario today winding up the last 7 turns of 16. Like my game with Daniel the other night, all but one of them seemed to go the distance. This is not what my Italians wanted and meant that the Aussie OBA, Mortars and firing lines could continue to pump death into the trenches and dug-outs. Especially selected and rather cowardly of my opponent (lol) was his singling out of Italian ordnance. Eight out of nine pieces were turned into scrap metal through the game as there were no places to hide them in the desert.

The Australians finally sent the foot-sloggers at my manned trenches at 0800 hours (turn 11) on the east side. Apart from a little disorder, they got to them pretty unscathed. Then some assaulting started soon after. Elsewhere, the Aussies maintained fire-lines and failed to threaten the other trenches as they hoped to wither the Italians down.

By turn 14, Italian OBA started to finally knock off some more Australian steps and some DF also double DEM'd another unit. But in this session, the Aussie guns were better and their assaults and DF also accounted for Italian steps. Over these 7 turns played today the Italians lost 8 steps to the Australian 5 steps. The total for the game was 13 steps each.

In the end, the Australians faiied to take any of the 5 entrenchments and therefore the Italians gained another 10pts from those. A final score of Italy 23, Australia 13 counting as a Major Italian Victory.

Brett stated he felt happy to lose by only 10pts, but I have to say that before I played, I could see an Australian swarming attack using the night for cover and lesser powered DF against them. This would have been my tactic, but by ending short of the Italian lines by daylight always meant it would now become a risky business. So I was happy to win too having expected a different result

Campaign Score After 3 Scenarios is: Italy (2 wins) 86pts, Commonwealth (1 win) 73pts:
As we are dealing with a 30% points margin for a win in a scenario or the campaign, this at present, effectively means the Italians are 9pts short for a campaign win and The Commonwealth are 35pts short.

Very much looking forward to this campaign developing more in scenario 4, albeit it looks like a nailed-on Commonwealth cert for victory.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brett & Vince's C&C Kings Officers 1940-41 Campaign Diary - by vince hughes - 02-26-2014, 11:16 PM