Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brett & Vince's C&C Kings Officers 1940-41 Campaign Diary
02-16-2014, 09:49 PM,
RE: Brett & Vince's C&C Kings Officers 1940-41 Campaign Diary
That initial loss of the Bren carrier loaded with the platoon of HMGs really did set me off balance. It really could of been avoided if I had sent infantry first to scout out what lay ahead and I had them available nearby. Playing with hidden AT guns does add a bit of realism to the game. Then losing that one potential activation on the second turn from fog of war only made things worse as I needed the cover of darkness while it was briefly available to get my forces close to the Italian lines. Instead I was too concerned with the one spotter and getting rid of that 47mm gun.

I knew once visibilty increased that Italian OBA was going to make a mess of my attacking line combined with the on-board artillery, which it did. Now going into turn 10 there are all sorts of demoralized Aussie units strewn about the map, easy prey for OBA and will likely be tallied up as casualties as it would require a lot of activations just to attempt to rally them as spread out as they are. So the best I can do to respond is by trying to take out a few more Italian guns maybe but time is running out and it doesn't seem likely that any assaults will materialize on the entrenchments. The Australian main attack line has been shattered and become more and more disorganized. I predict that most likely I will end up losing at least two steps for every one that I inflict on the Italians for the remainder of the battle and there is no doubt that it will end in a major Italian victory. However there are still six battles left of this campaign and going into this one just down by 3 CPS doesn't make the situation hopeless. The difference is that when I played these first three scenarios solo the outcome was the same except that the Commonwealth are taking a lot more step losses this time around!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brett & Vince's C&C Kings Officers 1940-41 Campaign Diary - by nebelwurfer9 - 02-16-2014, 09:49 PM