Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brett & Vince's C&C Kings Officers 1940-41 Campaign Diary
01-26-2014, 03:07 AM,
RE: Brett & Vince's C&C Kings Officers 1940-41 Campaign Diary
I'm glad that the campaign format for "The King's Officers" suits you and hopefully others will get involved with the C&C series; whether they use the leader characters or not. When I purchased it my funds were low and I needed something low cost and that would be playable with the two desert war boxed sets that I already owned. In this case I could play out 17 of the 18 scenarios in it with 'Afrika Korps' and 'Desert Rats' alone. I also like the fact that it is not just one big campaign scenario alone, like 'Cassino 44' for instance, that the two desert war campaigns are broken down into scenario segments. I mean if you foul one scenario up early-on or midway through there is still hope to finish off well. If it were one long campaign scenario with 100-200 turns then I could see where one player could easily give up if things go south and concede early.

Also, I like that it is somewhat A-historical but not with ridiculous "what if" stituations. That it is loosely based on the actual events but still somewhat realistic. Also, the Italians gradually get better forces with better morale as the scenarios progress; whether it is Bersaglieri INF and MG units or Germans. Plus there are units used by both sides that are not used much from the boxed sets like the Italian AB-41 armored car or the British Bishop self-propelled artillery which was not used previously in either AK or DR. Instead of L3/35s the Italians get the L6/40s which actually were able to eliminate one of my Bren carriers in the first scenario. Also, I like the use of the AK and DR maps in this series. Anyway, once again, I am glad that this campaign is suiting you so far Vince. I am both dreading and anticipating the 'Bardia' scenario soon to come next month, I can promise you that whatever the case it won't be boring for either one of us!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brett & Vince's C&C Kings Officers 1940-41 Campaign Diary - by nebelwurfer9 - 01-26-2014, 03:07 AM