Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brett & Vince's C&C Kings Officers 1940-41 Campaign Diary
01-25-2014, 09:56 PM,
RE: Brett & Vince's C&C Kings Officers 1940-41 Campaign Diary
A good point raised by Nebelwerfer on a comment to my AAR on this site about the campaign aspect of the game.

I mentioned that the British never really made an attack on the main hill. Brett stated that with the campaign points aspect, it was not 'cost-effective' to launch the attack with the weakened line due to the points I might gain and therefore, carrying those points forward.

This raises another good point about the campaign itself. That being had it been a one-off game, Brett may have tried his luck as there were not many repercussions for a mini failure and he would still have won the game. However, in the long term campaign, those points he might have gifted to the Italians, although they would not have won the battle, the points would have been forever included in the campaign tally. This shows another form of realistic aspect about the decision making in these battles.

Also, though I have said it before, i really do like having to play to the last turn. It tests the mettle a bit more because if you are losing, it is now important to try to lessen the defeat or make the best of a bad situation as the winning side tries to rack up points. No longer can you just say "I concede now". The end game delivers the final ACTUAL state of play.

I will admit that when I bought the 2 x C&C books, I did think, as they were not actual encounters but rather based on actual encounters, that I would probably not use them. This campaign with Brett is providing a lot of interest for me, and whats more, I'll soon be starting the same thing (without leader progression again) with Matt.W. but using the C&C1 book, Op Barbarossa. Its certainly adding to the PG experience.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brett & Vince's C&C Kings Officers 1940-41 Campaign Diary - by vince hughes - 01-25-2014, 09:56 PM