Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brett & Vince's C&C Kings Officers 1940-41 Campaign Diary
12-09-2013, 01:28 AM,
RE: Brett & Vince's C&C Kings Officers 1940-41 Campaign Diary
We started the second scenario of this campaign yesterday "Op Compass" but unfortunately a series of errors held up the start.

First Brett asked some questions over the VC's as he was not entirely sure as to what they intended and then strangely, his query, which I thought the answer was obvious at the time, then revealed that my set-up was completely awry and pointless to the game in hand !! So we were both guilty of misunderstanding the VC's, but certainly me more so by the fact that the set up was wrong to a degree of about 20 hexes out of place ! (what an idiot !)

So with a 90 minute delay or so, we went back to the drawing board, with me re-setting the Italian positions and Brett fully cognisant of what he needed to achieve and re-setting his entry points accordingly.

With that delay, only 4 turns were played, but it saw the British advance to Italian held hill positions and both sides revealing what crap firers their gunmen seem to be. So far, neither side has lost a step, but the Italians gave up one of the hills without a fight to the advancing Brits. Another smaller hill is currently under British attack against a dug-in Italian battalion at the top of the hill. The British here are a mix of infantry and tanks with a side-order of mortars in support. They are currently involved in slowly reducing the Italian will to resist at this hill. Finally, the main British thrust is advancing toward the main Italian defence on the biggest hill. Dug-in, higher up and readied for action, this could prove a slug-fest royale (or a damp squib if the Italians fold).

Points therefore at this stage are Italy 15pts (for the 2 x hills they occupy) and Britain 8pts (for the hill they solely own at present). These points will undoubtedly shift very soon. Next encounter in this is next saturday morning where we would hope to get at least twice as many turns in. I'm preparing for a day of Italian disappointment at this stage, I hope they prove me wrong :-)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brett & Vince's C&C Kings Officers 1940-41 Campaign Diary - by vince hughes - 12-09-2013, 01:28 AM