Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brett & Vince's C&C Kings Officers 1940-41 Campaign Diary
11-29-2013, 07:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-29-2013, 07:43 AM by vince hughes.)
RE: Brett & Vince's C&C Kings Officers 1940-41 Campaign Diary
Brett and I completed the last 8 turns of scenario #1 Italy Invades Egypt from the CCV Desert Campaign 1940-41 this morning.

The last 8 turns in fact proved more than intriguing. The Italians had made sure of their exits by turn 8, so these turn 9-16 events were all about the Italians preserving the troops that had to stay on board and making sure the higher moraled British didn't have a frenzy of a mop-up operation. For his part, I know Brett was keen to do exactly that.

All in all, from my Mussolini perspective, these 8 turns went quite well enough. My on-board artillery were never threatened, and the casualty exchange was merely 4 steps each. I was quite happy for an equal trade in the points given my concern yesterday for this very situation. I even tried a bit of OBA and plane straffing on his platoon guarding the 5 points worth of road, but his troops held up easily enough to this and kept hold of it.

Final score, with Italian exits, casualties totted for each side and the 5pts for the Brits holding the road came to Italy 38, Britain 15. This now is of course the running campaign tally going into the next game, where, I very much suspect, it'll be the Italians outnumbered, outgunned and out-moraled. I fully expect to lose that (scenario #2 Operation Compass) and so I will need to fight well enough in it to preserve any sort of lead, even with that 23 pts gap. Having surveyed the land to be fought over, I do have a plan or two up my sleeve to spoil British 7th Armoured ambitions. We meet on 7th December for session 1 in what is a 24 turn battle.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brett & Vince's C&C Kings Officers 1940-41 Campaign Diary - by vince hughes - 11-29-2013, 07:42 AM