Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liberation shipping
12-19-2013, 07:08 AM,
RE: Liberation shipping
I remember. I thought you were being hyperbolic. Now I see you to a man of truth, not given to exaggeration.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
12-19-2013, 08:10 AM,
And just wait for those BIG assaults getting even bigger. I have played a RJW battle scenario and thought that I was looking at the sky line of NYC.
12-19-2013, 08:12 AM,
(12-19-2013, 03:12 AM)Matt W Wrote: Mine will be here Friday or so and I will start loading the scenarios if the shell is in

I know Shad will need some data for getting the shell data. Number of scenarios, back of cover description, and a image of the cover. There maybe more stuff so he can chime in with the rest.
12-19-2013, 08:43 AM,
I'm away from home right now, but did get my copy and will be sending scans of the maps and cover by Saturday.
12-20-2013, 06:47 AM,
I've yet to see a picture of these new super thick counters... can someone post them, and include - if you have them - the other laser cut counters and even the die-cut counters for comparison.

I thought the thickness of the Panzer Lehr counters were perfect!
12-20-2013, 08:33 AM,
I'll have counters scanned by Saturday. I'll get the boards done sometime later.

Dean, when Vince said he could use the counters for wall tile, he wasn't kidding. The counters are thicker than the peg-board in my garage! They are capable of standing on their sides! Really! I was shocked. At first I thought they were 2 thick countersheets stuck together. They are too dark, and I don't like finish either. On the plus side, there is very little scorching on the front and none on the back.

An amusing thought I had was that we should start a pool guessing the thickness of the counters. Maybe Drew or someone has an idea for a tag or badge or something. I'll throw out the first guess at 5/32" (0.156"), that is 3.97mm to you guys on the metric system. I'll see about posting a picture of the counters clamped to some masonite next week.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
12-20-2013, 09:09 AM,
Looks like we have plenty of volunteers for the data entry/scans, but we are without PG-HQ's fearless leader, Shad. He has not written back for a while, he must be stuck in a Chinese airport some place.
12-20-2013, 06:11 PM,
(12-20-2013, 09:09 AM)campsawyer Wrote: Looks like we have plenty of volunteers for the data entry/scans, but we are without PG-HQ's fearless leader, Shad. He has not written back for a while, he must be stuck in a Chinese airport some place.

Not the Spanish Inquisition !!
12-24-2013, 02:24 PM,
I like the new counters in Liberation. Mine turned out great...unlike SoI purple
Israelis scorched in the Sinai sun
12-27-2013, 07:34 AM,
Santa brought mine. Looks good, though I wonder about the thickness of the counters. They certainly appear durable, but the stacking can get hellacious pretty quickly. To compensate for that, I made this Pointer Display. The sheet contains numbered boxes. When a stack gets too large, simple remove the stack and place it in one of the boxes, replacing it with a numbered counter that corresponds to that box. Now you can spread the units out to inspect at your leisure rather than fumbling with Leaning Tower of Pisa stacks. I've tested it, and it seems to work well.

Sheet is enclosed. Seems like a necessity to play this game.

Anyone have any house rules for solitairing hidden units?

Attached Files
.pdf   PointerDisplay1.pdf (Size: 275.09 KB / Downloads: 10)