Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your "perfect" PG Station Set-Up
09-01-2012, 10:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-01-2012, 11:08 AM by Poor Yorek.)
9:00 o'Clock: begged/borrowed/usurped music stand with combat tables + rules/scenario books.

10:30 o'Clock: blue/purple M/F + DIS + DEM counters on table (usually allied).

12:00 o'Clock: maps under plexiglass on table.

1:30 o'Clock: red/orange M/F + DIS + DEM counters (usually axis).

3:00 o'Clock: waste can with box lid on top (+ felt or paper pad to deaden the noise) for die rolling (semi dropping).

My PG command station! Share yours?

PS just for site amusement, today I played some shorter AK scenarios. As TheDoctor has the "big table" in our game room and I had stuff for WS set out on the "small table" in the game room (over the garage), I had ::cough:: to take over the dining room table for the AK scenarios. So there you have it, a house with three PG game spaces claimed! I did clean up the AK space when done ... I didn't want to press my luck.
09-01-2012, 11:37 AM,

1. 10"view block
  2. double maps, under plexiglass
  3. game markers, beside screen, on left side
  4. friendly OPs, enemy leaders, & enemy OPs, near screen on right side
  5. enemy info (last place I saw them) markers, below OP/leader markers
  6. turn chart in center, near screen
  7. charts to lower left of table
  8. enemy units, left side of chair
  9. even number of beers, at least 6 (darks & reds)
  10. big pizza, lots of pepperoni & sausage!
09-01-2012, 12:18 PM,
RE: Your "perfect" PG Station Set-Up
(09-01-2012, 11:37 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: [*] even number of beers, at least 6 (darks & reds)
[*] big pizza, lots of pepperoni & sausage!

Eh gads! How could I have forgotten!?! IPAs for me, but thumbs up for the pepperoni & sausage - still a Pizza Hut thin-and-crispy fan.
09-01-2012, 12:24 PM,
(09-01-2012, 12:18 PM)Poor Yorek Wrote: Pizza Hut thin-and-crispy fan.

Papa Murphy's! Hot, not too gooey, real garlic...Smile
01-23-2014, 09:00 AM,
Something of BTTT for this thread.

I've added a TV dinner tray to the side of my PG game table so that my compy can be alongside. Reason? I've started to use two windows from random.org 's dice roller utility, one with a single die and another with two dice. Reduce the windows down to see them both and one can very quickly roll just about whatever one needs (click both for 3-dice FoW rolls). I find that it works quickly and I'm a bit less choleric regarding the results compared to physically rolling dice by hand (meaning I haven't yet thrown the computer through the window).

Sort of nice too not having to move back-and-forth between two rooms to answer work-related questions.

PY First Sergeant (select)
01-24-2014, 04:32 AM,
I have an old brass "Bible/Missal Stand" that had been Army issue for chapels until the early 70s. Think I have 2 of them that I found years ago when they were dropped from property books. Work nicely for rule books and charts. Also, splurged at a convention a few years ago for a nice wooden dice tower with felted lining. Comes in handy with the large numbers of dice thrown at times. This all fits nicely around the maps covered with the clear plastic sheet from a poster frame. And all fits on my card table unless I need more than 2 maps. In the cup holder to my 2:30 position is a bottle of my homebrew of the month, a Chocolate Milk Stout at the moment.
02-01-2014, 11:49 AM,
Don't know if this would be of assistance to anyone (those of you who play via Skype or other arcane means), but I found a die rolling site utility that has a "roll history" window. One can set up personalized "my rolls" - e.g. 1d6, 2d6, and 3d6 (for FoW) in a dedicated little window and then, in a separate window, it shows the individual die results and the total; keeping a running history (with the new roll appearing on top) until one clears it.

The site, http://www.brockjones.com/dieroller/dice.htm , is clearly a d20 system utility, but I found it useful and the history allows me to look back in case I want to roll several times in succession and then go back to apply results in sequence (i.e. morale checks in a big assault). I don't know if this would be helpful with games played remotely.

Oh, TheDoctor and I "test drove" for randomness using 2d6:

Result # hits theory
2 8 1
3 8 2
4 20 3
5 19 4
6 22 5
7 34 6
8 24 5
9 22 4
10 18 3
11 8 2
12 3 1

For this sort of thing, this is still a very (too) small of sample size, but nothing stands out to alarm one regarding the expected distribution (unless one were on the receiving end of that excess of '2's!!).

PY
02-01-2014, 12:31 PM,
Give Hamete a try has all this plus you can share across the web.

https://dicelog.com/newlogdice
02-01-2014, 12:39 PM,
^

Ha! I should have known that a Luddite (myself) shouldn't be presuming to instruct the "connected." I scandalized a class of 200+ about two years ago because I didn't know the difference between an Xbox and, well, hell, I forget, but something closely related to it - Playstation maybe? Anyway, apparently I thought they were actually the same thing ...
02-01-2014, 07:50 PM,
(02-01-2014, 12:39 PM)Poor Yorek Wrote: because I didn't know the difference between an Xbox and, well, hell, I forget

That just might save your life someday! Big Grin

...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...