Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED] Forum to PGHQ Log in fail
06-20-2012, 12:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-02-2012, 12:10 AM by Shad.)
[FIXED] Forum to PGHQ Log in fail
If I log into PG HQ, I can access the forums with no problem. But if I start out in the forums, say after coming to the forum from and email notifcation link and then try to go to PG HQ the log in does not work. When I try to go to the HQ from the forum the program sends me to the log in page. When I enter my Username and Password, I get a "you must be a registered user" error. If I then close that tab, and bring up a fresh log in page, i can then sucessfully log in.
06-20-2012, 03:12 PM,
RE: Forum to PGHQ Log in fail
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Currently logging in at PG-HQ gives you credentials for PG-HQ Forums, but not the other way around. I'll get to work on making it fully reciprocal when I get back from vacation.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
06-21-2012, 12:49 PM,
Thanks.
06-21-2012, 02:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-21-2012, 02:15 PM by Michael Murphy.)
Maybe my issue is related to this one. When ever I access PG-HQ from my Nook, I have to log in. The next time that I access PG-HQ from my laptop I have to log in again. The next time that I use my Nook I have to log in again. Am I limited to only be logged in on one device at a time?
2,500 years ago people worshiped cats. The cats have never forgotten this!
06-22-2012, 05:08 PM,
(06-21-2012, 02:14 PM)Michael Murphy Wrote: Am I limited to only be logged in on one device at a time?

Currently, yes. But while I'm digging through the login code to make the above fix I will go ahead and make multi-device authorization ok as well.
06-26-2012, 06:19 PM,
A productive afternoon at the office!

You can now:
  • log-in at PG-HQ and automatically also be logged-in at PG-HQ Forums
  • log-in at PG-HQ Forums and automatically also be logged-in at PG-HQ
  • simultaneously log-in to PG-HQ from different browsers on the same machine, or from different machines altogether
The features in red above are new.

I will leave this thread open for a few days in case anyone has trouble with the new log-in system. If all goes well I'll close it as resolved by Friday.
06-26-2012, 10:22 PM,
Thanks Shad.
06-27-2012, 12:08 AM,
(06-22-2012, 05:08 PM)Shad Wrote:
(06-21-2012, 02:14 PM)Michael Murphy Wrote: Am I limited to only be logged in on one device at a time?

Currently, yes. But while I'm digging through the login code to make the above fix I will go ahead and make multi-device authorization ok as well.

Thanks. This a very useful feature as a Nook's keypad is functional but not very user friendly!
2,500 years ago people worshiped cats. The cats have never forgotten this!