Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Struggle For A Commission: The Diary
03-26-2014, 01:49 AM,
RE: The Struggle For A Commission: The Diary
Session 5 - Stalemate at St.Barthelemy Black SS # 28

The session started really well with my troops assaulting the Germans at less than even odds and none suffering than a disruption. The second activation - I had 2 activations at start - went OK with one platoon destroying a SPW-251 but my big assault in town (on the 18 column) failed to impress the German half platoon defending.

The Germans immediately called their OBA on the only platoon that could reinforce the assault on the crossroad and rolled snake's eyes; goodbye platoon! To add insult to the injury, the Germans also captured the two leaders who survived the bombardment in a later activation.

The M10 got the jump in the gun duel but both shots missed - needed 9+ or more so only 47.8% chance I would score at least one hit - and did not get a second chance.

It was all over at this point but there were a few more highlights:

* An demoralized American infantry reduced platoon surviving multiple direct fire efforts from the Germans
* Assaults generally being generally ineffective. I don't recall so many assaults at 13-18 to 3-5 assaults in a short span causing not causing harm to the defenders. Both the Germans and the Americans suffered from the "bad" attack die.
* Lots and lots of red (disruption) and black (demoralized) markers to remove at the end of the game, especially on the American side. The confusion rule contributed towards this total.

My general impression is this is one of the top 5 scenarios I have played so far (160+ scenarios played) and I would not mind at all playing it again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Struggle For A Commission: The Diary - by Hugmenot - 03-26-2014, 01:49 AM