Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Struggle For A Commission: The Diary
03-25-2014, 08:10 PM,
RE: The Struggle For A Commission: The Diary
Session 5 - Stalemate at St.Barthelemy Black SS # 28)

I won't write too much as I wrote a long AAR on this one. But just to say that finally, the first of this quartet of scenarios is complete.

The US tried for 2 of the final 3 turns to inflict losses and capture locations with late opportunistic grabs (as I would have done) in the hope that fate would smile on their troops. In the end it didn't really. Only 2 of nine town hexes were taken and the road junction was contested and no absolute control there. The Germans maintained control of 5 town hexes meaning two were left as under dispute.

The Americans did their best to push forward on the right, left and centre, but due to the 'confusion' rule and the sudden loss of some officers, momentum could not be drummed up for the final flings.

In the end, with the Germans suffering 20 step loss equivalents and the Americans 40 step equivalents, the final score ended as a 50-26 win in favour of the Germans.

Statistics of note were that this was the highest loss of American foot troops in a scenario I have played (36 steps) and SS GREN losses in my PG career have now gone over the 100 mark (105)

Scenarios left to complete here in this thread is

'The 43rd Wessex Attacks' (Beyond Normandy) v Tony Langston - 1 more session

'Quiet Persuasion' (North Wind) v Alan Sawyer - 3 mores sessions, maybe 2 ?

'Hells Fury III' (Tank Battles) v Wayne Baumber - 3 to 4 sessions

Hugmenot and I will now move on to pastures new and will be gaming "Restoring The Line" from North of Elsenborn in the Siegfried series.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Struggle For A Commission: The Diary - by vince hughes - 03-25-2014, 08:10 PM