Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Struggle For A Commission: The Diary
03-20-2014, 02:33 AM,
RE: The Struggle For A Commission: The Diary
Played the third session in the North Wind Scenario # 8 "Quiet Persuasion" with Alan Sawyer on Friday.

This is a scenario where my Bosche are suffering the relentless pummeling of very high and numerous OBA numbers. I almost conceded this game the other week. In fact, I even said I was conceding. But my 75%+ mantra kept nagging at the back of my head and PG guilt took over and I had to review my decision and elected to continue playing. In fact, to see how many points I can actually accumulate, I will play to the end, regardless of any massacre that might or might not occur.

Anyway, in this session, with renewed vigour, now that my decision had changed, I continued to try and plough ahead with the remaining battered German Grenadiers and their tanks. To be fair, they made some pretty good headway and managed for once to strike some satisfying counter blows against US Armour as well as push back some of the GI foot troops. But the American position stays strong and still holds the town and road.

Casualties this session amounted to 8 US step equivalents and 5 German step equivalents taking the game totals to 16 German losses and 13 US, so something of a little fightback, but no ground taken.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Struggle For A Commission: The Diary - by vince hughes - 03-20-2014, 02:33 AM