Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Struggle For A Commission: The Diary
02-25-2014, 10:51 PM,
RE: The Struggle For A Commission: The Diary
Part.4 : Stalemate at St.Barthelemy

This amazing scenario continues to ebb and flow.

Session 1 was even stevens but I felt comfy as the Germans. Session 2, the US applied serious pressure to the flanks putting the German positions under serious threat. Session 3, the Germans regain the advantage and seem to nullify a lot of the pressure and place themselves as 'favourites', the latest session, No.4 saw the US fightback again.

Only 3 turns were played in this session, with two of them going the distance. This made the turns long but long turns will assist the US. Daniels attack on my right flank continued, albeit weakened, but they finally got eyes on my on-board artillery set up there in the town. The Americans wasted no time in bringing OBA upon these guns and destroying the Nebelwurfer and 120mm mortar. The battle now rages around the town, with both sides sending more men to it.

On my left, the US push for the objective crossroads and made some brave ground but with some cost in loss and disorder. Again, both sides are plying men into the area for a final scrimmage. Not sure whether the American surge will be enough and perhaps just one short turn in the final 3 turns may end any US hopes. That said, the flow of this game has been sensational IMO and has been well fought by both sides. Just have to make a final date for the last session of a very enjoyable scenario.

The Germans also suffered the highest casualties in this session. They lost 6 steps to the US 4 steps. Total steps lost now stand at German 16, American 32.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Struggle For A Commission: The Diary - by vince hughes - 02-25-2014, 10:51 PM