Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Struggle For A Commission: The Diary
01-19-2014, 11:42 PM,
RE: The Struggle For A Commission: The Diary
Re Hells Fury III.

Not much to add to Vinces's report on our second session. The massed rocket batteries attack are a lot of fun the actual nitty girtty of trying to take those blasted (in both senses of the word) less so. However I have a foothold in the first town which is now surrounded so the town will fall which is good news, I do feel that I have to take another two towns at least to win the game and that is going to be tough.
The German OBDA, the ground snow and FOW are all slowing the advance to a crawl at the moment. I am finding it hard to rally units as I do not have the leaders or the activations to spare for rallying units.
I am down to 0 initative from 5 because of leader losses as each lost leader take the initative down one. This seems to be a tad unfair (I know the accepted historical reasons) even Vince feels it is too harsh on the Soviet's.
I agree that the game has swung slightly in the Germans favour but it was an excellent session yesterday and I am hopeful that I can gain an unlikely win.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Struggle For A Commission: The Diary - by waynebaumber - 01-19-2014, 11:42 PM