Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Struggle For A Commission: The Diary
01-13-2014, 01:42 AM,
RE: The Struggle For A Commission: The Diary
The PG Blog continues:

Yesterday's opponent over Skype was good ole Alan Sawyer and our 2nd session of "Quiet Persuasion" scenario 8 from North Wind.

This is an awful, awful scenario for theAxis player (ie:ME!!!). The Yanks have 3 x 55col bombardments available to them every turn over 30 turns. This is playing a considerable part in how I try to approach the game with avoidance of getting my men minced each time they show themselves in an area with little bombardment cover.

In session 1, my troops had advanced a long way up the 2 x length-ways boards (4 boards in all abutted side by side so the Jerries have to advance a distance equating to 2 x board lengths).

In session 2 it was time for them to consider attacking the town and clearing the road. Initial showings of German troops, as expected, resulted in them being churned up by the OBA including a Major perishing under the shrapnel. Three Panther platoons forced themselves forward and US tanks retired into limitingterrain as a result. But each effort to edge forward by the infantry resulted in casualties. In one turn, 3 steps were blown apart by OBA alone.

The Germans have swung round to the towns flank as a new approach is required. No point in head-butting a brick wall, so time to look for more susceptible points with a bit of probing.

Casualties so far are German 11 steps (10 x GREN, 1 x ENG) and US just 4 steps (3 x INF, 1 x HMG). The Americans have quite a point advantage and I can only see victory chances at this stage as little more thean 20-80 in the US favour.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Struggle For A Commission: The Diary - by vince hughes - 01-13-2014, 01:42 AM