Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Struggle For A Commission: The Diary
11-11-2013, 07:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-11-2013, 07:37 AM by vince hughes.)
RE: The Struggle For A Commission: The Diary
Part.1 - Quiet Persuasion

Alan and I squeezed in 7 turns of this 30 turner yesterday. Only one turn was cut short by FOW I believe.

I am tasked with attacking up to lengthways of boards, trying to capture a town and exiting too any troops I might feel are expendable. Unfortunately for the Germans, the UScan throw down 3 x 55col OBA blasts per turn and this hinders, nay, frightens the Germans freedom of movement in the battle. To the German advantage, they have an 8 morale against the US 7.

Well after one session, the rate of advance for the Germans has been good. They have probably chewed up 75% of the distance. But that sounds better than it is. The Americans posted all their troops to defend the town and the rear areas, so other than pushing through bombardments, resistance has not been too wild as yet. It is still to come. Worse still, the assault on the town will have to be very deliberate as the Americans have really invested it with most of their strength. 3 x US OBA spotting officers plus 1 other officer has bitten the dust so far though. Now they didn't have modifiers or anything, but their loss may pay dividends later on should the US be scrounging for leader counters during the town battle. Casualties so far, 3 US steps and 4 German steps. It's all lining up for an interesting 2nd session as the Germans will try to fathom a way to smash the into the defenders without getting smashed themselves.

Feeling of success meter .. not so healthy in this one .... 40-60 in US favour at present. Continues 23/11

Next report will be next saturdays start to the game with Wayne Baumber. Hell's Fury III. PG's 5th biggest in counters in the whole PG collection.... should be memorable !

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Struggle For A Commission: The Diary - by vince hughes - 11-11-2013, 07:32 AM