Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
avalanche press stuffing me around??
06-20-2012, 12:17 PM,
avalanche press stuffing me around??
I placed an order on the 4th of this month via credit card on the AP website. All up about $180 AUD. they sent me an email on the 15th saying they could not dispatch the order because my credit card company had rescinded payment.
I called my bank today (the 20th) and they assured me that the payment had gone through. so i have sent another email to AP and await reply.

its pretty annoying and i would like to get the products. I ordered Panzer Lehr, Battle of the Bulge, Hopeless but Not Serious and Sinister Forces.

Has anything similar happened to anyone else? What did you do? How did AP handle it?
06-20-2012, 12:57 PM,
RE: avalanche press stuffing me around??
The credit card snafu is probably just an honest mistake, but the two-week communication delay is bad customer service, which is the thing that causes more complaints about AP than anything else. On the other hand, I ordered Winter Soldiers and Go For Broke (both of which came out after I left AP) two nights ago from a retailer on Amazon, and they arrived this afternoon, less than 48 hours after I ordered them, and I didn't even pay for express shipping. That is the kind of service that produces repeat business (or would if I hadn't snagged the very last of the PG stock in that retailer's inventory); it certainly got me repeat business when I was staffing the phones for AP and shipping product from my own stock that I sold at cons. Maybe someday, Avalanche will learn that too.
06-20-2012, 03:18 PM,
I only buy non-digital PG stuff from third parties for these exact reasons. I've ordered $X00 of stuff directly from AP a few years back and got nothing but pain and delay for the courtesy of dealing with them directly.

They get less margin if you buy from a 3rd party, but then again that additional margin they would get if you bought directly certainly isn't hasn't been spent on customer service training.

I would like to give them my money directly. As an example Dan Verssen is someone I am always happy to pay the premium to, but you gotta make it worthwhile to me, the customer.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
06-21-2012, 08:28 AM,
Wrote you on Monday: payment has appeared with equal lack of processor explanation and your order is on its way.

that is the email i received this morning (aussie time). seems to be resolved. although they didnt actually write me monday like they said but oh well. products in the mail. Smile
06-21-2012, 09:00 AM,
(06-21-2012, 08:28 AM)tanzerleader Wrote: Wrote you on Monday: payment has appeared with equal lack of processor explanation and your order is on its way.

that is the email i received this morning (aussie time). seems to be resolved. although they didnt actually write me monday like they said but oh well. products in the mail. Smile

Good to hear it. Better luck to you in future!