• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PG-HQ Dev Blog] 2013 October Update
10-02-2013, 06:56 PM,
[PG-HQ Dev Blog] 2013 October Update
(link to previous month's blog)

Stuff Done in September:
  • added VASSAL section to PG-HQ
  • dedicated forum for Modern War
  • rewrote code for profile page resulting in a 95%+ reduction in loading time when viewing prolific players like Matt W and mike perryman, this also made logging in much faster for this group of folks
Current Major Project:
"MyGallery" - this feature will give you your own little piece of the PG-HQ server to create/modify/delete folders and images (optionally with captions). These images can then be included in your AARs via a drag-and-drop interface. I don't have an ETA on this, but I'm not going to work on anything else until this is done.

Current Minor Projects:
  • Elsenborn Ridge VASSAL - I've got all the materials I need from AP and have gotten a solid start on importing everything into VASSAL. Counters take quite a long time.
  • Intro to VASSAL Article - I will release this the same time as the Elsenborn Ridge module. The feedback so far has been great, and we're getting a lot of interest from people who have never played VASSAL before. I think a well-written, comprehensive, illustrated article walking people through the process from start to finish would help a lot.
  • Players with lots of plays (100+ solo, or 40+ shared) are running into pageload problems when editing records. I will go through the same optimization procedure there as I have with the profiles now that it's been proven effective.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...