Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New counter colors
09-27-2013, 10:17 AM,
New counter colors
Is it me or is APL going a little overboard with the Red/Pink background with the new counters. Between Indian Unity/SOI and now the extra Moroccans and Desert Rats there is now four sets with deep red or pinkish coloring. Just wondered if this was too much color red for people?
09-27-2013, 11:06 AM,
RE: New counter colors
After the light green vs. light grey of EFDx I am pleased to have a clear variation between the units. If the units were glossy it might impact their legibility but with the flat finish on the current counters I am quite happy with the contrast.
No "minor" country left behind...
09-27-2013, 11:11 AM,
I prefer my WW2 colours a little more drab to be honest. Red for the Desert Rats does not seem right. Like Lehr and 1st Panzer, they could have kept their naional colour scheme and simply display the Desert Rat 'gerbil'
09-27-2013, 11:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-28-2013, 02:41 AM by larry marak.)
Since these are vanity counters and only exist to replace already in print counters from Fall of France, Desert Rats, and Burning Tigers with distinctive colors for one formation, I don't think it matters much. Looking forward to the 3rd preview.

And hopefully, with the extra counterspace made possible by the different cutting format, we'll see a few things we wouldn't find in our standard games.

Of course, for the hundreds of you playing DYO scenarios of PG this is a great development.
09-28-2013, 04:23 AM,
The different colors may allow players to experiment with formation house-rules.