Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PG Games We'd like to buy
02-07-2013, 01:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2013, 01:13 AM by larry marak.)
RE: PG Games We'd like to buy
One for Matt. Bulgarian Victory. Bulgaria entered the war on the Axis side, did occupation duties in Greece and Yugoslavia (an excuse for some Greek and Yugoslave Partisan counters), maintained peace and diplomatic relations with the Soviet Union throughout the war, then went Allied in '44, engaging German forces in Greece and joining in the Soviet drive on Hungary and Austria, before linking up with the British. The countersheet would include a Bulgarian o.b. and a few Greeks and Yugos (the soldiers, not the cars silly) and scenarios would include a few anti-partisan battles and the drive on Vienna. The title comes from the end result of Bulgaria's participation in the war; they were the only Axis power to end the war with successful territorial expansion.
02-07-2013, 11:27 AM,
Larry,

Don't get my hopes up!!
No "minor" country left behind...
02-07-2013, 12:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2013, 02:23 AM by JayTownsend.)
The ones you guys haven't seen yet! Smile
02-08-2013, 12:44 AM,
Unfortunately, everyone here has been buying games we haven't seen yet for years! A certain guy named Jay has been waiting forever for KNF. Likewise a Larry is certainly hoping to see the second half of the first in a long series of WWI PG games out soon. Still, 2013 is shaping up to be the best year in PG history. Looking forward to the complete Luxembourg order of battle for PG coming soon to a mailbox near me.
02-08-2013, 01:22 AM,
the complete Luxembourg order of battle for PG

And I thought that the Slovaks would be the smallest contingent...
No "minor" country left behind...
02-08-2013, 02:46 AM,
I am still waiting for Canadian troops.

I hope we will see sniper rules in Modern PG because I'd like to make a counter representing my father while he was stationed in Germany.
02-08-2013, 04:12 AM,
Since AP is pushing hypothetical wars: Big Grin

How about the Invasion of Switzerland? I passed through Switzerland a few years ago (chaperone for my daughter's high school graduation trip). The countryside is spectacular but most definitely NOT flat. I cannot see anybody really managing to conquer, let alone pacify this mountainous country. It would be interesting to see the vaunted Wehrmacht make the attempt. Of course, I do not really wish any such calamity on anybody.
2,500 years ago people worshiped cats. The cats have never forgotten this!
02-08-2013, 08:41 AM,
Now that Edelweiss is out, you might be able to scenarios for it. The Swiss mined every tunnel in Switzerland, which would eliminate rapid deployment of an invading force. Mountain troops would necessary to take out ambush positions in the hills. And the Swiss army maintains very little in the way of armories. All weapons of reserve troops are kept at home, so armed forces can be assembled by the call of an Alpenhorn anywhere in Switzerland.
02-08-2013, 12:46 PM,
and dont forget those deadly knifes.
02-17-2013, 05:06 AM,
So far for 2013, I see:

9 PG products
1 Modern War Product
1 IA Product

In the line up. But I am just guessing! Smile