Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Korean War: Pusan Perimeter
10-31-2013, 01:06 PM,
RE: Korean War: Pusan Perimeter
(10-28-2013, 02:58 PM)Shad Wrote:
(10-24-2013, 11:16 PM)JayTownsend Wrote:
(10-24-2013, 04:33 PM)Shad Wrote: Do aircraft play a more prominent role in this one?

Both sides have them. I looked them up today, 8 scenarios have aircraft counters, one with both sides having them.

Is their appearance as capricious as in previous titles? In other words, are rarely available and subject to so many die rolls that they cannot be used in battle strategy planning?

How many aircraft counters are there?

Andrew, this taken from the Designed version from different scenarios, so I am not sure of the developed version. But all mine are taken right out to the history book as far as time they were over the battlefield/scenario. Each scenario that they appear reflects how they effected the scenarios. Remember early on air cover wasn't the best and many time hit their own side. Weather effected scenarios air-cover as well.

Examples:

3. The NKPA may draw one (YAK Russian-built fighter) aircraft counter each turn.

3. The ROK may draw one American aircraft counter on any two turns.

3. The ROK may draw one American aircraft counter on any two turns. When attacking on rolls of 1-3 the planes attacks NKPA units, on rolls of 4-6 the planes attack ROK units, opponent player’s choice. This reflects early day lack of air to ground coordination.

4. The ROK may draw one American aircraft counter on any two turns. When attacking on rolls of 1-3 the planes attacks NKPA units, on rolls of 4-6 the planes attack ROK units, opponent player’s choice. This reflects early day lack of air to ground coordination.

3. The Americans can draw one aircraft counter on any 4 turns.

3. The NKPA can draw one aircraft counter on any 3 turns.

3. The Americans can draw one aircraft counter on any 3 turns.

4. The NKPA can draw one aircraft counter on any 3 turns.

I hope that is what you were looking for Andrew? Some of the scenarios will give reports of the effect of air-cover or the lack of it in the conclusion descriptions. The next game Air-cover will play a bigger roll.
10-31-2013, 03:30 PM,
Yeah that about covers it. Thanks Jay.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
11-01-2013, 12:47 AM,
I hope to see situations 3 and 4 described above in at least a few scenarios.
11-03-2013, 12:22 AM,
Glad to see no one gave short shrift to the Air/Ground Fratricide problem. It was fairly extensive.
11-04-2013, 08:20 AM,
If you have not read it I highly HIGHLY recommend Clair Blair's "The Forgotten War". The design will not be as good without it. Just saying is all.
11-04-2013, 02:08 PM,
(11-04-2013, 08:20 AM)zaarin7 Wrote: If you have not read it I highly HIGHLY recommend Clair Blair's "The Forgotten War". The design will not be as good without it. Just saying is all.

Read it and own it.
12-05-2013, 03:47 AM,
Looking over my materials for Panzer Grenadier: Korean War: Pusan Perimeter again and I very excited about seeing the finished product. There is some very good action in this one. Three armies battle it out in early action in Korean!
01-09-2014, 06:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-09-2014, 06:02 AM by JayTownsend.)
Update: Been working on the rest of the Korean War series for awhile now! No time for playing games or posting! Free time all taken with designing if not family and friends. But looking go so far!
01-09-2014, 01:17 PM,
(01-09-2014, 06:00 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: Update: Been working on the rest of the Korean War series for awhile now! No time for playing games or posting! Free time all taken with designing if not family and friends. But looking go so far!

Hmm, there maybe more to this that Jay isn't telling us.... Wink

CNN Update:

Jay Townsand and been locked up by North Korean dictator Kim Jon-il in his Colorado home. How is this possible one might ask, Jay is on a secret mission to create a game about the Korean War. Once the dictator, know as Lil' Kim, found out about it he went on a quest to make sure that the "truth" about the war came out. Rumor has it that Lil' Kim is forcing all the scenarios victory condition to favor the "true" victor the North Korean People Army. Many people have asked how can this be happening, why can't Jay leave his house, why is he stuck there. The answer is that Lil' Kim has hired former NBA star Denis Rodman to "ensure" that Jay makes this game correct. Denis has been rumored to be covertly camped out nearby and if he detects any wrong doing by Jay, he repetitively bounces basketballs off of Jay's window. This has made Jay quite frazzled and he has become quite seclude. Friends on PG-HQ have been quoted, "Yeah we use to see Jay posting an AAR every day and his scenario play has been down quite a bit."

We will not know how this will turn out, but there is another rumor that a special forces unit in China will be conducting a raid to try to free the imprisoned game design. The team has not been heard from from months and is believed to be positioning to intervene. In is the special forces units Seal-Team Shad. But this is only rumor.
01-09-2014, 01:42 PM,
I knew that was going to happen eventually, I guess "Bay of Pigs" is coming next.