• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Korean War: Pusan Perimeter
10-16-2014, 01:37 AM,
RE: Korean War: Pusan Perimeter
Cross post from CSW:

>Pusan perimeter maps issues

>Three questions about Pusan maps :

Hi Philippe, good questions!

>- what is the terrain type for hexs like 92 0912 (large blue areas) ? swamp ? fields ? Rice paddy ?

These are Rice Paddies, use the Terrain Effects Chart, they are under Rice Paddy/Salt Marsh.

>- I assume that all the "woods" hexs are regular woods and there is no light woods on any Pusan maps. Correct ?

Correct!

>- I assume all the thin brown lines are roads ; there is no track/trails on any maps ?

Yes, they are all roads, at least what the Koreans call roads at that time.
10-16-2014, 02:27 AM,
We need supply transport counters with a little old man in white carrying/wearing one of the wooden "a-frame" things piled high with something (said in jest). I even see pictures like that at the Air Force Museum display on the Korean War so it was common long before I got there. Smile

Tom Oxley
10-16-2014, 10:51 AM,
wooden "a-frame"

No doubt, I read a lot about those but just couldn't scale them into the PG game! Smile
11-05-2014, 02:41 AM,
A question for Jay Townsend:

The South Korean Anti-Tank team counters have a Direct Fire of 0-0 on the front and 2-1 on the back. Should those be reversed, or 4-1 on the front, or something else?

Robin
11-05-2014, 05:01 AM,
I played two Pusan Perimeter scenarios and found the counters to be slippery in the sense stacks will fall down more easily than in other games. The finish on my counters looks to be different than in other games and I am wondering if that's the problem.

Any one else have the same issue?

The counter thickness is not the issue because stacks of the thicker Liberation '44 counters do not exhibit that problem.

Of the two scenarios I played, I highly recommend scenario #01. I would give it a solid "4" rating and found it to be very well-balanced.
11-05-2014, 02:23 PM,
(11-05-2014, 02:41 AM)rerathbun Wrote: A question for Jay Townsend:

The South Korean Anti-Tank team counters have a Direct Fire of 0-0 on the front and 2-1 on the back. Should those be reversed, or 4-1 on the front, or something else?

Robin

Robin,

ROK AT Team counter has only a front side with a 0-0/3-0 value. The print on the back of the counter is a mistake and should be blank.

Jay
11-05-2014, 03:15 PM,
(11-05-2014, 02:23 PM)JayTownsend Wrote: Robin,

ROK AT Team counter has only a front side with a 0-0/3-0 value. The print on the back of the counter is a mistake and should be blank.

Jay

Thanks, Jay. I've corrected the unit info and submitted an erratum.

Robin
04-26-2015, 02:02 PM,
    Based on my last scenario played!