Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Korean War: Pusan Perimeter
08-25-2014, 02:23 AM,
RE: Korean War: Pusan Perimeter
So from now on, ask Perryman any questions about the game, not me! lol Smile
08-26-2014, 12:40 AM,
I caught the mistake a couple of months ago when I pointed out to Mike that he listed Perryman as the designer in the first version of the coming product announcement. He corrected it the same day, and may have thought the correction was global, unfortunately it wasn't. There's probably nothing more irritating than finding out a problem you fixed months ago wasn't fixed at all.
08-26-2014, 01:16 AM,
Yeah, it was disappointing. Sad
08-26-2014, 02:10 AM,
Never mind, maybe you designed An Army At Dawn ?
08-26-2014, 02:34 AM,
That's only fair :-)
08-26-2014, 02:41 AM,
Jay, you leave me with a quandary. To keep going with Saipan and Marians scenarios or to break away and start playing Pusan scenarios when I get mine. Guess it's a good problem to have. And just found another PGer in the Dayton area, one that actually replied to my email through Boardgamegeek, who also has PP coming. Finally some face-to-face time.

Tom Oxley
08-26-2014, 03:09 AM,
(08-24-2014, 11:06 PM)Hugmenot Wrote: You are taking it far better than I would; I would be majorly pissed.

I have to agree. Whilst this was undoubtedly a lapsus calami, proper attribution of source is a grave responsibility for any academic published work and, presumably, so too for business. Further, it is a maxim of moral philosophy that restitution should match in kind and degree the nature of the slight or harm. Jay was, in fact, harmed by APL's failure to attribute him (correctly) as designer in a published document (the scenario guide - probably more important than the box cover) that is public (at least in availability) in nature and reach. Whilst those booklets cannot reasonably be retracted, a public acknowledgement of the error with proper attribution would, I submit, be appropriate on APL's website and perhaps as an erratum in the game description on site.
08-26-2014, 03:40 AM,
(08-26-2014, 02:41 AM)thomaso827 Wrote: And just found another PGer in the Dayton area, one that actually replied to my email through Boardgamegeek, who also has PP coming. Finally some face-to-face time.
Tom, if you are like me, you will find your ftf encounters to be +0.5 better on the 5 points scale than scenarios played solitaire.

Enjoy!
08-26-2014, 04:33 AM,
(08-26-2014, 03:40 AM)Hugmenot Wrote:
(08-26-2014, 02:41 AM)thomaso827 Wrote: And just found another PGer in the Dayton area, one that actually replied to my email through Boardgamegeek, who also has PP coming. Finally some face-to-face time.
Tom, if you are like me, you will find your ftf encounters to be +0.5 better on the 5 points scale than scenarios played solitaire.

Enjoy!

I'm only worth 0.5 better ........... I'm affronted ! Wink
08-26-2014, 04:43 AM,
Don't worry Vince, Daniel is probably just averaging my tantrums with your easy going and accommodating ways...
No "minor" country left behind...