Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 new titles coming out after Liberation
09-20-2013, 07:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-20-2013, 07:16 AM by larry marak.)
4 new titles coming out after Liberation
4 New boxed games will be released after Liberation in short order. Conquest of Ethiopia, Turnisa, Burning Tigers (aka KNF) and Jay's Korean opus. Gold clubbers are currently ordering in droves, after emptying out their savings accounts. Orders are currently being taken only through gold club for the first few days or weeks. How to I explain all that money to my wife? Did save double my gold club membership fees in one order though, plus Mike has decided to be kind to clubbers. To find out how kind, join the gold club Cool
09-20-2013, 01:55 PM,
RE: 4 new titles coming out after Liberation
Karma. Went to the health fair today, my insurance will be going up $80 per paycheck soon. Good thing I ordered today. Can't complain, got back over $100,000 so far in medical car including having my heart rewired.

Ethopia will be a magnum opus. 8 maps, same as East Front Deluxe, and scads of scenarios bringing PG back into the 1930's with the conquest and absorbtion of Ethiopia into the Second Roman Empire.

We've got the Austrian Civil war in Hopeless. Just need the Spanish Civil War, and maybe the Chaco war to complete the representation of the '30's in PG.
09-20-2013, 06:10 PM,
Move to England Larry, you'll get treated for free !
09-20-2013, 07:41 PM,
I've been reading up on the Ethiopian war of the 30's and it looks like a lot of close quarter fighting considering a lot of the Ethiopian forces didn't even have rifles and made attacks with spears, bows and arrows and even rolling down boulders from hills to try to stop Italian tankettes. I think there was mention of the Ethiopian army maybe having a few Ford armored cars and a left over tankette or two from WWI. I think the total Ethiopian air force consisted of about 13 aircraft, biplanes. Of course I will buy it when it is released and the Ethiopian army did have the Christmas Offensive which I suppose was a high mark for them.

However, the Spanish Civil War would seem to be a very interesting one with the forces involved and plenty of tanks on both sides. Of course Italy didn't really fare so well in their part; especially going up against Soviet tanks with L3/35s and such. Germany was there in force. Nationalist Spain is already represented somewhat with 'Blue Division' but there should be an interesting counter mix with Republican forces the possibility of the international brigades. Also that the conflict was not just limited to Spain but to the islands and Morroco. The conflict lasted about three years so it seems that AP could do a lot with it. Hopefully the slated 'Conquest of Ethiopia' does well enough to make the Spanish Civil War coverage happen.
09-20-2013, 11:47 PM,
Spanish Civil War would certainly have a varied and colorful countermix. Regular and Moroccan army troops, Italian expeditionary force, Anarchists, Communists, International Brigades, and Republicans. Lots of different infantry formations, lots of wwI surplus tanks, much small artillery, and Condor Legion ground strikes.

PanzerGrenadier is at its heart an infantry game (hence the series title, armored INFANTRY) so I would think it could be a natural expansion for the series.
09-21-2013, 12:18 AM,
Who designed all the new titles?
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
09-21-2013, 12:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-21-2013, 12:56 AM by vince hughes.)
Korea = Jay Townsend

Ethiopia - Ottavio & Lorenso

Kursk North = Mike Perryman

Tunisia = Mike Perryman

Any bets for which one gets the most promo material Big Grin
09-21-2013, 01:23 AM,
The number of scenarios was announced but not their size.

Mike, Jay, and Otto, can you give us a hint at how many scenarios will involve 50 units or less, between 51 and 100 units, between 101 and 175 units, , and 176+ units?

This roughly corresponds to small, medium, large, and very large scenarios.
09-21-2013, 01:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-21-2013, 01:33 AM by larry marak.)
New maps
K=4
E=8
KNF=4
T=4

and of course in I.A.

EF=6
LA=8 (or 12!)

and Jay's Saipan related expansion book 2

Then of course there will be countless maps for 19th century U.S.A./C.S.A. based on the PG civil war previewed here. These could be easily expanded to cover the wars of Italian unification, the Crimean war, and the Austro-Prussian War, maybe even the Franco Prussian war.

To quote Larry King, "this is just what we know know". And it assumes that Modern PG doesn't generate a dozen or so follow-up games covering the Iraq Iranian War, the 2nd and 3rd Indo-Pakistani Wars, the Ramadan/Yom Kippur war, the Beirut intervention (ask me sometime about the time I got bombed in Beirut, and I don't mean with alchohol), and several sets covering Nato/Warsaw pact rumbles.

So, anyone got room for 200 PG system maps on their shelves.
09-22-2013, 12:07 AM,
Vince, that free medical sounds better until you figure out prices and taxes paying for it. Got a statement from my hospital today and I had underestimated the costs. The heart rewiring job alone was $106,000 dollars...and in May .the angioscopy (sending a miniature sub with cameras up my femoral artery to check out the traffic jam at my lower left ventricle....was $34,000. And that doesn't include doctor's visits, prescriptions, etc.
I've gone through 20 years of insurance premiums this year.