Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
12-02-2013, 10:50 AM,
RE: 4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
AFV speed:

I agree with Daniel that a MP cost of "1" for AFVs in clear is too fast. I have also playtested this and found that the increased speed makes it possible for AFVs to form a fire brigade on the battlefield moving from sector to sector in time to participate in three significant assaults in sectors a mile or so away from each other in a three hour scenario (and this was an early StG in a Fall of France scenario where roadblocks precluded using the roads.

I have suggested 1.5 for clear but would also agree with 1 2/3. The StG in my example would move 5 clear hexes in my suggestion or 4 in Daniel's suggestion. Either is faster than foot units (the basic complaint of those raising the issue of "slow" AFVs), yet don't turn the AFV into a teleportation device for weaponry. It is important to realize that some of the weapons that we are modelling are nearly 100 years old as of today (an FT-17) and the very newest in the PG environment are still over 60 years old and represented the very early prototypes of the weapons that will be used in MG.
No "minor" country left behind...

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap! - by Matt W - 12-02-2013, 10:50 AM