Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
12-02-2013, 07:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-02-2013, 07:29 AM by vince hughes.)
RE: 4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
Rich,

Of course it didn't but this is design for effect and therefore a move shoot game complicates the system to an extent not worth the trouble. As you say, its fifteen minute turns, so then we would have to ask "How many times can an infantry unit, AFV unit etc" move and shoot in a 15 minute cycle ? Why not split the turns to 5 minutes each and still allow more move/fire options. The point is, its all built into a game-system that at present works. We don't need to break working parts. If somebody retorts that it does not work for them, then I would suspect they should be looking at another gaming system such as Panzer or such like.

Like many brigade, divisional level games out there. that have whole divisions being removed from play as a counter in combat rounds. Did this happen in real-life everytime, no, but its design for effect as its the only way to simulate casualties.

Also, such a radical change in the game play changes the game to where its not PG. If its not PG, then some (many) will cease to play.

Rich, You also write

"I guess I'd be interested in hearing from someone that tries playing with the new rule in a game they had played without it and seeing now different it feels"

This was tried and the result was a game far removed from the simplicity of current PG. Maybe an APG could be released in the future, but it is the games's simplicity that has had its draw on people and actually taken some others away from more complex games.

I'm sure the ones that played the move shoot option will chime in here soon enough

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap! - by vince hughes - 12-02-2013, 07:27 AM