Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
12-02-2013, 04:56 AM,
RE: 4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
The Surrender rule needs to be clarified.

Something like Modern PG equivalent would work in my opinion if it was changed to something like the following:

"In some scenarios a force is designated as subject to surrender rules. In that case, during the Marker Removal Phase if one or more demoralized units of a side/nation subject to surrender are in a hex without any other udemoralized combat units, and they are stacked or adjacent to an good order enemy combat unit with a Direct Fire or AT fire strength, roll two dice for each such unit, subtracting the moral modifier of any single leader in the same hex. On a result greater than its current morale, the unit surrenders and is removed from play. If surrender leaves a leader alone in the hex, he also surrenders."

It would be an improvement over the various Surrender rules we currently have.

The important points in my opinion:
  • Ony demoralized units can surrender
  • Demoralized units will not surrender if stacked with a good order or disrupted friendly combat unit.
  • Demoralized units in an assault hex can surrender to enemy combat units in the assault hex.

I am ambivalent about AFVs surrendering to enemy infantry in an adjacent hex but I wanted to keep the above simple. Maybe someone can come up with a better rule.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap! - by Hugmenot - 12-02-2013, 04:56 AM