Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
09-18-2013, 11:30 AM,
RE: 4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
(09-18-2013, 10:49 AM)Matt W Wrote: As to the assault advantage system suggested by Dave Murray I would agree with Robin that this should be an optional but not required system. It rapidly provides the stroner side in an assault with an insurmountable advantage. I can't tell you how many times a games has hinged on a small but tough force hanging on in an assault. Under this system such a defense would rapidly fall as they rarely outperform their opponents on results, they merely survive the assault turn after turn. I count this as a strong point of the system. No assault should be foolproof after two or three turns.

It certainly encourages momentum, but that's what real fighting is all about--trying to get some in your favor and keep it in your favor. Lot's of military maxims there. If your small but tough force is "hanging on" I suspect you mean they don't cause many casualties, but they don't take any either as they keep passing their morale. In this case, the higher morale results would build up to give the attacker an advantage. But by my reading, the only advantage is the removal of Dug In, unless I misunderstand and the +1 or +2 is a column shift advantage, and that's a serious edge.
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap! - by Airlifter - 09-18-2013, 11:30 AM