Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
09-16-2013, 08:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-16-2013, 08:51 PM by vince hughes.)
RE: 4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
(09-16-2013, 10:09 AM)Airlifter Wrote: Some ideas offered up by Ottavio Ricchi for consideration.

"I also include a few more suggestions, i.e.:

-The rules about rubble generation as a result of bombardments as included in France 1940 module should be added.
-Drumfire from Infantry Attacks rule (or a slightly modified version) should be used. This kind of bombardment fire was very common also in WWII.
-I quite like the cold steel rule from Infantry Attacks
-Strong point rules from PG are fine, however there is not really any reasons why such units should not get a -1 modifier against direct and indirect fire. … they are static units placed on map at the start of the scenario and there is no reason why they should not have had the time to dug in!
-Additional suggested rule changes:
-Mortar capability to hide. Mortars of 82 mm and lower calibers do not become spotted if they fire from concealment terrain. This simulates the capability of this unit to remain under cover when firing at the enemy.
-Armored units get first fire against personnel units assaulting them. This occurs if all the following conditions are fulfilled: the armoured unit is not already engaged in assault; at least either the assaulting or the assaulted unit is on open ground. If the armoured unit has not been activated gets a positive one column shift modifier.
-Finally, concerning the new countersheet, I have no big ideas. However it might be worth it to make a few changes even to the existing one. For instance disrupted counters should always have on their back the demoralised information. It much easier to find them in the pool and it saves time when you use them."

Ottavio

Thoughts everyone?

I agree with the strongpoint request. They should all get the -1 DF col and be classed as dug-in

Similar along the lines of Ottavio's mortar request, our group play that AT guns that 'set-up' on board at start can be hidden.

HOWEVER, they do not use the same HIP rules as 'special hidden' units as per 3rd ed rules. They are spotted normally, but it does mean that for example, if they were placed in a woods hex, the enemy would not see them until 3 hexes away and therefore not placed on the board until that moment,, unlike now, where although they can not be fired at, the enemy armour know their actual locations and can move around to avoid them accordingly.

Also agree with Robin re FF but would word it different. No bombarding unit can land friendly fire on its own hex (How stupid would you have to be to fire straight up in the air and then they plop down on you ?)

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap! - by vince hughes - 09-16-2013, 08:48 PM