Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
09-16-2013, 09:34 AM,
RE: 4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
(09-15-2013, 06:49 PM)waynebaumber Wrote: Having been out of the UK for some time and deliberately not taking the laptop with me I arrive late to this discussion. I will not add any new suggestions to those that have been posted on this thread but I will add a note of caution.
Like Dr's, John's main rule should be "do no harm". The 4th edition rule book should be more about clarification than whole scale rule changes. This in it's self is a challenge eg The Hill LOS controversy which has has engaged our minds since the beginning of time (well since I started playing PG).
I agree that some Scenario special rule should be included in the main rule book e,g pushing guns, Inf A/T capability etc. However I do not believe that making AFV's stronger in Assault and faster would be a welcome rule change for most players.
That said I am looking forward to seeing the 4th edition rule book and the numerous threads on this forum and others which no doubt will appear bemoaning various aspects of it.
The very best of luck John S.

Thanks Wayne. A very good perspective.
We definitely don't want to alienate a segment of players with the new rules. Please engage on any specific issues that are of significance to you.
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap! - by Airlifter - 09-16-2013, 09:34 AM