Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
09-15-2013, 09:04 AM,
RE: 4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
(09-14-2013, 12:59 PM)rerathbun Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 07:13 AM)Matt W Wrote: Something that does bother me, however, is the use of infantry anti-tank weapons. In the SSRs this usually requires the infantry unit to be activated. That means that the defender in an assault hex can't use the AT capability. I would expect that such weapons could be used once per turn where the units are involved in assault combat (if neither player assaults at all I could see not firing the weapons).

At the very least, I'd propose that defending infantry anti-tank weapons should be usable each turn they are assaulted in town hexes, and on the first assault turn if entrenched (and maybe dug-in). That simulates the anti-tank teams hiding in buildings, or set up in cover to ambush the tanks.

Disclaimer: All I know about anti-tank tactics I learned from watching Band of Brothers and documentaries showing 14-year-olds with Panzerfausts in the streets of Berlin.

We could write a standard rule for INF with at weapons that supersedes SSRs. i would thin the players should have to choose--either the AT fire or the INF strength for the assault, not both. An AFV should not either.
Thoughts?
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap! - by Airlifter - 09-15-2013, 09:04 AM