Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
09-14-2013, 11:33 PM,
RE: 4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
Going back to the infantry AT weapons. If I, as a defender in a hex under the current rules, have survived the initial assault in good order can I merely activate to fire the AT weapon? I have played it that I have to activate to move or fire and that to fire the AT weapon I would have to use a fire activation. Since the AT weapon is listed as an additional but not a primary fire activity I have played it that such an attack can only be as part of a counterassault.

I would be very comfortable permitting the defenders an activation to try their AT shot without committing the defense to a counterattack. I could accept that approach which means that the defenders would have to survive at least the initial assault in good order or use a turn or two to recover morale (while continuing to be assaulted one presumes). This retains the shock value of the AFVs while permitting the defense to use their AT capability without necessarily putting the entire defense on the line.
No "minor" country left behind...

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap! - by Matt W - 09-14-2013, 11:33 PM