Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
09-14-2013, 11:26 PM,
RE: 4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
(09-14-2013, 10:59 PM)vince hughes Wrote: Alan,

As the defender in most of the Westwall or Invasion of Germany scenarios, I hear the pain of the inability to use fausts etc against attacking tanks. As I said above though, if INF etc get to use them all the time, it may tip the balance too far the other way.

I know that is not what you are proposing, but for now the balance is about right. Otherwise AFV's are going to become almost obsolete.

Going with your idea where both sides can use them and then gain columns. I would modify that idea (as its swinging both ways) to having to roll a 6 and not 5,6 for each INF/GREN unit etc. However, where this is unfair is that column shifts then effect the INF involved for absolutely no reason.

I say keep the rule the same OR if both sides to get it, then AT weapon checks should be a rolled 6 (per unit checking) and not 5,6

I understand you issues with this however I don't think the infantry if penalized. First, if the usage rolls fails, no shifts are applied. Second, the first step loss would be required to be taken on the AFV. Third, typically a AFV/INF combo had the AFV's going first, if they were hit that would have a effect on the INF. Loss of AFV's was a very demoralizing factor to accompanying INF's.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap! - by campsawyer - 09-14-2013, 11:26 PM