Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
09-14-2013, 06:12 PM,
RE: 4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
RE- Inherent INF AT weapons:

I would be very careful here about allowing them (INF AT) to fire when defending in assault on top of the already written rule.

On the one hand, we have people complaining AFV's are too weak in assaults and on the other hand people who want them shot at with these majorly strong AT hand-held weapons.When attacked,these units still get the opportunity to add pain onto AFV;s and for my money,the balance here is about right.

Anyway, think of the poor old Sov's....They get none of these weapons anyway!

I believe that if you allow them to fire when defending, the balance is finally going to be seriously upset. Entrenchments and towns will become unassailable for AFV's whether accompanied by friendly infantry or not.

So put me on record for leaving that rule as is

MTC's

John, at the end of post 86 you mentioned keeping MTC movement as foot. It is motorised, not foot.

Another small anomaly with the Bicycles v MTC is that bicycles attract an extra +1 mod when fired at by DF in Opp Fire (though max is still +3). May be worth adding to Opp shots at MTC's.

Retreat VC's

John, perhaps that is best left to new scenarios that have some kind of SSR and how to use it written in it. There are campaigns and the like now if people wish to play them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap! - by vince hughes - 09-14-2013, 06:12 PM