Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
09-14-2013, 11:28 AM,
RE: 4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
(09-14-2013, 10:31 AM)campsawyer Wrote:
(09-14-2013, 10:17 AM)Airlifter Wrote:
(09-13-2013, 12:46 PM)Shad Wrote:
(09-13-2013, 11:20 AM)Airlifter Wrote: What is a generic scenario builder? Can you give an example of a game that has one?

Combat Commander: Europe.

Is it good?
John

I will comment on it. It is a very good squad level game, nice tight rules and a scenario builder that is very simple. The play is different from PG and that is where people have trouble with it. It is card driven and can have a lot of variability to the games. If you like lots of FoW this would be for you.

As for the scenario generator is very simple to step through to create a scenario, but nothing too different from what the C&C supplements do to create scenarios.

From the reading of other posts on the build your own stuff, they are looking for something that can build formations and match them up rather that just buying individual units. At least that's what AH PB/PL/AIW did.

Interesting. Can anyone scan me a copy of these scenario builder rules to review?
I can see this maybe as a product unto itself, like the character campaign books but about building scenarios to play or mini-campaigns, with chapters for all major and many minor countries, featuring not just how to build a balanced and period-correct TO&E for a game using company sized building blocks, but also scenario variability (think something like Games Workshop scenario setup variations). It might go a long way to addressing one poster's issue concerning blase' armies/scenarios.
John

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap! - by Airlifter - 09-14-2013, 11:28 AM