Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
09-14-2013, 04:45 AM,
RE: 4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap!
(09-13-2013, 04:50 PM)vince hughes Wrote:
(09-13-2013, 12:42 PM)tlangston28 Wrote:
(09-11-2013, 02:34 AM)enrique Wrote: 7.63 Assault
I would apply the rule of the first and second editions: all AFVs are immune to "M" and "M #" results. They are only affected by "1", "2" and "3" results. Under the current rules AFVs are the weakest units in assaults: they do not take advantage of the leaders' morale modifiers and also suffer the effects of the small and portable AT arms (Panzerfäuste and bazookas)

This statement intrigued me so I went to my Battle of the Bulge rules (which is Second Edition) to look it up and I don't know if I am missing something here.. There is no specific rule that says that AFVs are immune in assault.

The rule says: " If a 1, 2 or 3 result is rolled on the Assault Table, the fire eliminates that many steps of personnel, APC or AFV units..." This sounds similar to the 3rd edition rules but it doesn't specifically say who is affected by "M" or "M#" rolls.

Also, under Rule 7.25 it states "AFVs and APCs are immune to all but an X or X# result on the Direct Fire or Bombardment Fire tables." It does not mention immunity on the Assault Table.

I think the 3rd edition cleared this up but I believe it was always intended to be this way.

I am not trying to start anything, like I said, this intrigued me.[/u]

Tony,

Look at the copy of the assault table that Enrique posted. I think it shows there his version. I have to admit, I am not averse to the idea.

Ah ha, I did not see the link Enrique posted - sorry about that.

In any event, I checked the chart from BotB and sure enough, the same thing was there. In any event, I think I like it as is but if it were to change, I like the first fire rule being described here more than the immunity rule. That seems to make more sense to me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4th Edition Rules - comment now or forever shut yer trap! - by tlangston28 - 09-14-2013, 04:45 AM