Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opponent Wanted 21st-28th Sept (ftf/skype)
09-04-2013, 08:12 AM,
Opponent Wanted 21st-28th Sept (ftf/skype)
Dear regulars,

I have quite an open window in the time between the 21st-28th September for either ftf (for those in south UK) or Skype games (US/EU etc).

I have the Monday covered with Wayne (23rd I think) ... and am trying to arrange things with Tony L.

However, other invites or opportunities very welcome if any of you are interested (even new blood !!)

can contact me on hughesvince69 AT yahoo DOT com

(or here on this thread and/or private message)
09-04-2013, 08:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-04-2013, 08:31 AM by vince hughes.)
RE: Opponent Wanted 21st-28th Sept (ftf/skype)
Update:

Monday has gone (Wayne), plus one other day successfully pencilled in between Tues-Thurs.(to be arranged with gamer involved).

That means still gaps here and there if people would like to offer.

Get em' whilst they're hot folks !
09-04-2013, 08:34 AM,
And Tony if reading ................ You need to finish playing with my 'sausage' (double-entendre intended)
09-05-2013, 10:24 AM,
(09-04-2013, 08:34 AM)vince hughes Wrote: And Tony if reading ................ You need to finish playing with my 'sausage' (double-entendre intended)

Technically, It's my "sausage" that you need to finish off... Smile and I just sent you an e-mail on the next date to play.
09-05-2013, 07:33 PM,
I can probably do this Vince but I only have Desert War PG games and can only do one map scenarios. I haven't done dual table set-up and would have to get my Mrs. to help with the voice thing. I understand that you like to play Germany which is no problem. I don't know if you would want to play one of those that you already have or something new. As far as ones I havent played yet and have the space for, with Germany, are: 'Desert Rats' #'s 39,41 and 49; With 'South Africa's War' I have: #6,8,11,17,18 and 19. All one map, all German. Of course most of these are about 30 turns long on average so it may have to be done in more than one session. My guess is that I will be rather slow using dual map set-up and voice for the first time.
09-05-2013, 08:42 PM,
Not so much Germany but all Axis. I am happy with Italians or Natives in Italian service too.

As for the slowness Brett, we all have to start somewhere and it pays dividends later down the line. Those of us that play on Skype always simply write down the locations that the counters ended up in and re-set them up when we get the next session going.

Skype is very easy to set up Brett. Simply google it and go to their page. It has a simple "How do I install and use Skype" video (about 2 mins long I think). Believe me, I am no tech expert and I set it all up in a few minutes.

Send me an email to the address I put up at the start of this thread and I will assist and advise you via email. I'll also check out those titles you have left the scenario numbers for and pick one from there. I'll also send you a free date for which day to play. I think you will enjoy yourself playing head-to-head with another. All the players that play a mix of solo & head-to-head all say that live opponent play is mightily different than solo play. It'll be fun.
09-05-2013, 08:56 PM,
(09-05-2013, 08:42 PM)vince hughes Wrote: Not so much Germany but all Axis. I am happy with Italians or Natives in Italian service too.

As for the slowness Brett, we all have to start somewhere and it pays dividends later down the line. Those of us that play on Skype always simply write down the locations that the counters ended up in and re-set them up when we get the next session going.

Skype is very easy to set up Brett. Simply google it and go to their page. It has a simple "How do I install and use Skype" video (about 2 mins long I think). Believe me, I am no tech expert and I set it all up in a few minutes.

Send me an email to the address I put up at the start of this thread and I will assist and advise you via email. I'll also check out those titles you have left the scenario numbers for and pick one from there. I'll also send you a free date for which day to play. I think you will enjoy yourself playing head-to-head with another. All the players that play a mix of solo & head-to-head all say that live opponent play is mightily different than solo play. It'll be fun.

I believe Skype is already set-up here, it's just I'm not really allowed to mess with anything on her computer and it's all in German anyhow, which I'm learning at a painstakingly slow speed. But she will set it up before she goes to work or whatever. There's plenty of time to select a scenario. As for e-mails, you'll have to remind me that one has been sent as I never check them on my own or we could PM each other here. I am looking forward to this however it works! Morning and afternoon hours will work best with this for me but after let's say 3 or 4 o'clock I may have to stop sometime after my other half gets back home depending on what we have to do together. but that still leaves quite a few hours.
09-06-2013, 02:49 AM,
Brett,

I've PM'd you :-)
09-06-2013, 03:23 AM,
(09-06-2013, 02:49 AM)vince hughes Wrote: Brett,

I've PM'd you :-)

Got it, and sent my e-mail ~ thanks!
09-06-2013, 06:20 PM,
Brett,

Another PM sent with finer details for you.