Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Setup] Army Group South
09-01-2013, 08:05 AM,
[Setup] Army Group South
A thread in which I post pictures showing how I set up the defenders.

Please feel free to comment or to post your own setups. My goals are simply to exchange information and maybe make it easier to play the scenario for people like me who agonize over setting up the defenders.
09-01-2013, 08:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-01-2013, 08:18 AM by Hugmenot.)
RE: [Setup] Army Group South
Scenario 01 :A Meaningless Day

I put 6 INF units near the road on the east board. Their mission was to threaten to take control of a road hex and thus force the Germans to commit some troops to eliminate them.

Setup in town

I set the rest of the units in town, with two units in the one-hex town west of the river.

Setup on the road

This shows the whole map, after turn 1.

After Turn 1

As the final hour was all about control of hexes 0509, 0510,, and 0609, I believe I should have considered digging in some units just east of the road to make it harder for the Germans to control these hexes.
09-01-2013, 09:08 AM,
RE: [Setup] Army Group South
Scenario 02 : False Hope

Setup up without leaders

Setup up with leaders

I decided not to put any units dug-in on the road further north because I could not see how it could slow down the Soviets more than one turn if the Soviets simply went around them. Neither was I was not confident about the Romanian troops passing their morale check if they were bombarded the first two turns.

I was surprised at the result, a draw, because the Axis side was ahead when the German reinforcements and I expected the gap to widen further, The Soviets made their country proud today by continuing to press and earning a hard-fought draw.