Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lone Leader after AT Attack in Assault?
09-03-2013, 10:48 AM,
RE: Lone Leader after AT Attack in Assault?
With regard to the AT fire and leader loss, the clarification is correct on 6.7. Leaders are not affected by AT fire. This was answered by Doug M. back in 2006 in a Yahoo group post. Text is below,

"Leaders in hexes are not rolled for loss if an AFV in the hex is reduced by AT fire."

Still looking for the APC reference for the clarification.
09-03-2013, 12:31 PM,
RE: Lone Leader after AT Attack in Assault?
Quote:If I may say so, I wouldn't be so sure of that interpretation. I think you're combining two different parts of the lone leader rule 6.71 into something it isn't. The first sentence describes how lone leaders take combat losses due to enemy fire. That's where Direct Fire and Bombardment come into play. The subsequent sentences in the rule describes how lone leaders take losses and displacement due to enemy movement. The two processes are quite different in application and possible outcomes.

I got the rule about enemies entering the hex. The situation here was that there was already enemy units in the hex - they assaulted in a previous turn - this was a continuation. My question dealt with instances where the enemy is already there and the combat reduces the enemy to only a leader.

Quote:At least that's just MHO. No offense meant or taken.

Michael - I did not take any offense to any of this - and I hope you didn't either I was just looking for opinions. No worries here.