Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unrepresented nations PG needs most?
09-18-2018, 01:41 AM,
RE: Unrepresented nations PG needs most?
You piqued my interest briefly, here is my final(ish) report on the 2/131 F.A. Regiment.
Batteries D & F, and the headquarters were engaged supporting the 2/2nd Australian (Pioneers Infantry) near Bandoeng (my wife went to college there), at a small town called Leuwilleng. They had stripped .50 cal MGs from wrecked B-17s to enhance their AA capability. So you might want to give them an AA unit or 2 that would look like this:
[Image: P%2050calAAMG.png]

Battery E was assigned to support the Dutch 8th & 13th Infantry Battalions and 3rd Cavalry Unit at Malang, near Surabaya. They were then engaged at the Battle of Porong.

One Elmer Ray Milner at North Texas State University wrote his master's thesis on the subject.
The War History Office of the National Defense College of Japan commissioned are war history series, which is also with Leiden University in The Netherlands. Volume 3 is of The invasion of the Dutch East Indies. You can download and read both of these.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking

Messages In This Thread
Unrepresented nations PG needs most? - by Shad - 06-19-2012, 11:48 AM
RE: Unrepresented nations PG needs most? - by J6A - 06-21-2012, 01:26 AM
RE: Unrepresented nations PG needs most? - by plloyd1010 - 09-18-2018, 01:41 AM