Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unrepresented nations PG needs most?
06-23-2012, 11:08 AM,
RE: Unrepresented nations PG needs most?
i have just purchased hopeless but not serious (ap have finally shipped my order) and eagerly await its arrival. I dont think it sells well but i admit i share MB's passion for the more obscure or 'arthouse' nations and campaigns of world war 2.

I think a Case Green module with a scenario pack and a couple of sheets of counters would sell well and make AP money if it was a digital supplement. If sales go well then laser cut it for a bit (like Equator)

If only i didnt have to work a day job. i could probably knock this up myself
05-25-2018, 03:13 AM,
I would like to see Norwegians, Belgians, Allied Italians, Brazilians, Greeks, Turks (what if), Swiss (what if), Chinese, Iraqi, and Span revisited.

I would love to see the following campaigns:

Norway (I will be reading several books on this during the summer and might try my hand at designing)
Syrian Campaign
Madagascar
Anvil/Dragoon
Huertgen Forrest
Vosges Mountains
Slim’s campaign in India
Iraq 41
05-25-2018, 07:51 AM,
(05-25-2018, 03:13 AM)Greyfox Wrote: I would love to see the following campaigns:
The stuff to do some exists, not much is needed to do others.

Greyfox Wrote:Norway (I will be reading several books on this during the summer and might try my hand at designing)
Just need create some counters for the Norwegians. Use AK and FoF40 counters, and the more hilly maps. With Road to Dunkirk coming someday, creating this should be even easier.

Greyfox Wrote:Huertgen Forrest
Vosges Mountains
Parts of these were done in the Invasion of Germany series. Everything exists to do these.

Greyfox Wrote:Anvil/Dragoon
Most of what you need exist. Just need to make late war Free French.

Greyfox Wrote:Syrian Campaign
Madagascar
Slim’s campaign in India
FoF40, AK, GC, and Cassino have all the counters you need. All that left is map selection.

Greyfox Wrote:Iraq 41
Make some Arab counters and pull the rest from AK.

Find a table, start the word processor app, show us what you come up with.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-15-2018, 05:54 PM,
Dutch Indonesia 1942.
06-16-2018, 01:00 AM,
(06-15-2018, 05:54 PM)saracv3 Wrote: Dutch Indonesia 1942.

Hi saracv3! One of my first game designs published was called Nihon Silk in 2011 and had Dutch counters and four scenarios with Dutch units in it. The ten scenario spiral book was about Japanese Paratrooper engagements but at one time was offer with real laser cut counters of the thinner variety. It is kind of hard to find now days.  
06-16-2018, 01:09 AM,
Craig, look at the Order of Battle. I think you mean these guys.

Thinking of an assault on Manado perhaps?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-28-2018, 09:02 AM,
Peter.-

Sure, and more....This could be a super duper boxed game. I was thinking more of the 1942 invasion of Java, Borneo and Sumutra. Then possibly a supplement on the Revolution 1945-50 could be published.

After the war was an interesting time in SE Asia. Malaya was also experiencing a guerilla war.
07-26-2018, 02:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-26-2018, 04:23 AM by Shad.)
Hopefully one day we will see these!

(resized by admin)
09-14-2018, 08:57 AM,
(07-26-2018, 02:40 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: Hopefully one day we will see these!

(resized by admin)

And that battalion of. the 36th Texas Div. Along with the various naval. battles by combining SWWAS?? Hmm. I'm being a bit grand nere.
09-15-2018, 02:52 AM,
We already have the Texas Division. It looks a lot like this:
[Image: Texas_M16.jpg]   [Image: Texas_81mm.jpg]   [Image: Texas_Jeep.jpg]   [Image: Texas_M8.jpg]

(Wrong symbol for the Jeep.)