Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still learning after all these years...
08-31-2013, 05:11 AM,
RE: Still learning after all these years...
(08-31-2013, 04:54 AM)campsawyer Wrote: As for rules that are obscure, Fog of War. The FoW rolls don't start the activation after 3 activation have occurred by both players. Meaning that on a turn with no extra activations due to initiative, on the first player's 4th activation FoW starts.

To me this is very elegant to give one more little boost for the initiative player.

I just looked at the FoW rule here, at the site, and now just learned about adding '1' to the roll for night turns. I couldn't find FoW mentioned in the 2nd edition rules but only in the scenario books for 'Afrika Korps' and 'Desert Rats. So now I just saw that in the annotated rules will incorporate it in my next night scenario as it makes perfect sense. Night turns can get quite confusing and perhaps I could DIY some all black game boards with terrain barely outlined to complicate night scenarios even more. I suppose that was an attempt at a joke but then again, I'm sure someone has actually already done that!

Messages In This Thread
Still learning after all these years... - by Shad - 08-28-2013, 07:49 PM
RE: Still learning after all these years... - by nebelwurfer9 - 08-31-2013, 05:11 AM