Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'mma callin' you OUT, McNair!
06-20-2012, 02:08 AM,
RE: I'mma callin' you OUT, McNair!
Beast,

I don't go much on the Pacific, but I think these island battles would go well with campaign sets. I played a couple from Guadalcanal the other day and I enjoyed playing on an actual terrain maps, it was fun and at least enhanced my Pacific play.

Of the 'pockets', a scenario pack laden with a map for the Demyansk pocket would be very neat. I think the scenarios could also highlight the improvement of Totenkopf's transition from amateur zealots to battle-capable veterans. This, in my view was the battle that changed them from blokes that were there for the ride to realistic Alte-Hassen (Old Hares).

In fact, given the amount of SS stuff that APL have brought out recently (a policy change from the original won't touch it with a barge-pole), a scenario book on the 3rd SS Div (Totenkopf) could have taken them through France into the Russian campaigns and highlight their fighting quality, morale and leader ability changes by the use of old and new SS counters and using the differing leader packs from Sinister Forces, Beyond Normandy and Elsenborn (maybe Kursk now its out too) to highlight the change of leader skills over that time.

One other Campaign pack and map I'd like to see would be one covering just outside and the peripheries of the fighting at Dunkerque. This would give extra use to the FoF French counters as well as British Desert counters I guess.

The whole war is AP's oyster really. It certainly could be a cash-cow if they wanted it to be or had the ability to take advantage of the fact.

Messages In This Thread
I'mma callin' you OUT, McNair! - by Shad - 06-19-2012, 09:44 AM
RE: I'mma callin' you OUT, McNair! - by J6A - 06-19-2012, 02:12 PM
RE: I'mma callin' you OUT, McNair! - by beast013 - 06-20-2012, 01:36 AM
RE: I'mma callin' you OUT, McNair! - by vince hughes - 06-20-2012, 02:08 AM
RE: I'mma callin' you OUT, McNair! - by beast013 - 06-20-2012, 04:36 AM
RE: I'mma callin' you OUT, McNair! - by Shad - 06-20-2012, 09:33 AM