Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chasseur Alpin In Norway - Any Sources
07-24-2013, 03:44 AM,
RE: Chasseur Alpin In Norway - Any Sources
Anyway, thanks for the links, its different to the volumes I have.

Maybe Leonard will have some land encounters to hand that can help.
07-24-2013, 05:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-24-2013, 05:05 AM by campsawyer.)
Vince, it seems the French and the Germans you speak of were engaged in some sort of fight in Labergdal Pass near Narvik. Once again I assume you have found this.

http://www.easy39th.com/files/Pam_20-271...f_2%29.pdf

http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/UN/UK/UK...ay-10.html
07-24-2013, 05:24 AM,
I find the discussion about the French in Norway interesting, but it does bring up the question is there going be a Panzer Grenadier game/module on the 1940 Norwegian campaign. I know Mike has mentioned it in the past. A game/module on this campaign would introduce new forces to the Panzer Grenadier system, including Norwegian troops, early war German paratroop units, French Foreign Legion, British 2nd line troops, and even some Polish units.
07-24-2013, 07:09 AM,
Lucky Eddie,

If AP wanted to be stingy, they could produce this without adding the French and British, but rely on the units in the Desert Boxes and Fall of France.

However, the idea of a 'NARVIK' Box-Set is very appealling, especially with my own family military history we have there. There would be all sorts of interesting things to add, but I think such an idea would be way way down the road. I'm merely trying to construct a scenario or two from what we already have.

Anyway, I'm on holiday in the next few days, so I can see what my reading is going to be about on the banks of Lake Como !!
07-24-2013, 07:11 AM,
(07-24-2013, 05:04 AM)campsawyer Wrote: Vince, it seems the French and the Germans you speak of were engaged in some sort of fight in Labergdal Pass near Narvik. Once again I assume you have found this.

http://www.easy39th.com/files/Pam_20-271...f_2%29.pdf

http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/UN/UK/UK...ay-10.html

Alan,

Downloading now. No sure I have seen this. Thanks for your effort. I have done some internet searching when able (at work), but it was rushed and negative. I think my upcoming holiday will help with research time Angel
07-24-2013, 10:00 PM,
(07-24-2013, 03:44 AM)vince hughes Wrote: Anyway, thanks for the links, its different to the volumes I have.

Maybe Leonard will have some land encounters to hand that can help.

Not enough time for a full research, I have this at hand :
Sunday 12 May. Snow. Bad visibility. Very cold. Heavy winds. The 14e Bataillon de chasseurs alpins (BCA) that was landed at Foldvik, north of Bjerkvik, had avanced on Laberget and the Labergdalen pass to form the northern part of Bjerkvik encirclement. From Roasme and hill 856, the 14e BCA will attack the Gebirgsjäger with mortar support from the valley (360 shells available).
Attack begins at 0145 (13 May). The left Coy (Cpt Lescot) is quickly stopped par enemy mortars (2 KIA, 10 WND). The right Coy (Cpt Tatin) keeps advancing even if slowly. At 0530, Tatin's Coy outflanks hill 333 on the west and is eventually blocked by firing from hill 409.
During the day, Lt-Col Valentini, on the frontline, launches a final assault after some artillery preparation on the hills (409 and 416). In the evening the chasseurs from Tatin and Lescot Cies charged the hills and overwhelmed the defenders. 30 Officers and chasseurs were lost in the action while the Germans abandoned materials, ammo, horses and .... corpses.

More will be available, especially around Narvik.
07-24-2013, 11:25 PM,
Est-ce que vos sources sont disponibles sur e web? Je serais très curieux de les lire en français!
07-25-2013, 12:06 AM,
(07-24-2013, 11:25 PM)Hugmenot Wrote: Est-ce que vos sources sont disponibles sur e web? Je serais très curieux de les lire en français!

Pas celle-là, à ma connaissance : il s'agit d'un extrait du tome 4 du livre de Rémy : de la Norvège aux Flandres.
07-25-2013, 12:20 AM,
Leonard,

Excellent stuff and thanks for finding that. I believe that is the encounter Alan referenced above. I will use that as the basis of a scenario (plus a little more research). I am using the book "A Doomed Expedition" for a British encounter as well. These 2 scenarios will be for a taste of Nordic adventure in a mixed conglomeration of work.

Again, many thanks